Grab Bag + one other: what did I get?

#1 - Forsaken Steel Heart (pinecone in resin on G-Rexed G10 handles)
#2 - Nano Fusion Natural Outlaw (NFNO) (either stabilized/dyed wood or something in resin—hard to tell from pic)

Last edited:
What's the "3" in BA3?

3=3rd generation Badger Attack.

Some categorize the original straight BA (SHBA) into two generations, but BA3 (or BAIII) was the shop’s designation which I believe recognizes all SHBA’s as being in the first generation, then the original ergo handle as second generation and BA3 (including ABA and CPABA) as third generation.

Obviously, since the BA3 there have been more, such as the BATAC, BAE-2 and NFBA.

That is a beautiful BA3!

I'm glad you posted and asked us....dont let anyone sneak that out of your collection without you knowing how special and great of a Busse it is....

Great grab bag scores too!

BTW, standard BA3 did not have a swedge. Not sure which variant you have there.

Last edited:
BA3 with that color handle and swedge....may be Desert Anorexic Badger Attack (DABA)....I used to have one of those with a swedge.

I agree with BeastClaw. The Desert BA3s had tan micarta and the old tan coating, and some had a swedge (or clip point). The DABA would be about .15" thick ("Anorexic"), while the regular Desert BA3 would be about 3/16" (.19") thick; both versions came with or without a swedge. The BA3 is a handy size knife!

Back