Great cheap custom sheath maker

Hey, I met this guy on ebay because he was selling a custom Trail Master sheath and I just got a Trail Master that needed a custom sheath. Instead of bidding on the one he had, I emailed him and asked him about custom options.

It turns out he's a really cool guy. I had him make me a custom sheath that has a custom pouch for my favorite multi-tool.

http://www.savagemadesheaths.com/

I'm super happy with the way it came out and it was only $66 shipped! I'm thrilled and would totally buy another sheath from him again.

You might want to check him out.

Here's some pics:

Last edited:
Looks a very well made sheath:thumbup:
But
Shouldn't we be promoting & advertising sheathmakers that are members of this forum? Sort of keep it in the family?
Please excuse me if my question is inappropriate.
mitch

Not an inappropriate question at all, Mitch. I think Fulloflead should invite Mr, Savage to join us here. It looks like he has some very worthwhile experience he could share. His prices are certainly inexpensive. I have a hard time using the words "cheap" and "great" in the same sentence or thought.

Paul

I'd asked him. He said he'd been on here a few times and expressed interest in spending more time here.

I didn't give it a thought when I posted since we talk about all kinds of knives here from makers who aren't members. I didn't think it mattered. Just trying to spread the word to fellow members so it will benefit them.

I'd asked him. He said he'd been on here a few times and expressed interest in spending more time here.

I didn't give it a thought when I posted since we talk about all kinds of knives here from makers who aren't members. I didn't think it mattered. Just trying to spread the word to fellow members so it will benefit them.

Nothing wrong with promoting a non-member, thanks for sharing.:thumbup:

No Harm, No foul, fulloflead. You did good with your original post, in making people aware of Mr. Savage. Mitch did good as well in reminding us to support our members. If Mr. Savage decides to join us then he will be a member and that will be good also.

I believe there is more than enough business out there to keep all of us who build sheaths busy for a very long time so I don't see him as compettiton, I see him as a potential friend.

Paul

Last edited:
Hi All,
Actually, been a member of the forum for a while...just a lurker and not even a good lurker..lol Too busy making sheaths to hang out much and didn't realize a "sheaths" section even existed.
Anyway, glad Jim was pleased with the sheath. Started working with leather back in the late 60's and now all I make are sheaths and bayonet frogs...also collect knives and bayonets myself.
Regards to All,
Harry

Welcome! I hope you will be back frequently to show your work and share information.

Paul

Welcome Harry sounds like you have a lot of expirence to share:thumbup:

No Harm, No foul, fulloflead. You did good with your original post, in making people aware of Mr. Savage. Mitch did good as well in reminding us to support our members. If Mr. Savage decides to join us then he will be a member and that will be good also.

I believe there is more than enough business out there to keep all of us who build sheaths busy for a very long time so I don't see him as compettiton, I see him as a potential friend.

Paul

Paul that is very thoughtfully said!!
Cheers
mitch

I find no need to make a reply when Paul does it so eloquently! Welcome, Harry, jump right in, the water is warm and not over your head!!

Hi All,
Actually, been a member of the forum for a while...just a lurker and not even a good lurker..lol Too busy making sheaths to hang out much and didn't realize a "sheaths" section even existed.
Anyway, glad Jim was pleased with the sheath. Started working with leather back in the late 60's and now all I make are sheaths and bayonet frogs...also collect knives and bayonets myself.
Regards to All,
Harry

Welcome to the forums! Please post here as often as you can. But becarefull, Bladeforums can consume a lot of your time if you let it. Speaking of that, I need to get back to sheathing... LOL!!

Heber

Thanks to all for the greets.
Yeah, spend too much time on the computer as it is, when I really need to be making sheaths. :eek:) Converting a few of my standard patterns to high ride models this morning as getting more requests for the high ride style all the time and have a few to make.
Took time off from the leather work in the 80's and 90's to try my hand at commercial fishing but it's a young man's game so been back with the leather for last few years.
Well, back to work.

I really like your sheath for the Scrap Muk. I am having difficulty deducing the size of the accessory pouch on it, could you provide a bit of info?

Also, are you making sheaths for the Swamp Rat M9?

Hi, stone pouch on the Scrap Muk is for a stone like the Norton pocket hone, measures 3" x 7/8" x 3/8".
Have an order for a Swamp Rat M9 LE sheath and will be making up a pattern for it tomorrow. Could post a pic when done with it if you like.

Back