Great songs, Good songs, and ones that'll do.

Saw Bowie play a small gig in downtown San Diego once, but can't remember the name of the place, but it was pretty fancy, less than 500 people max, real food and drinks, tables and booths. The tickets were courtesy of a local radio stations tenth caller kinda deal, big mystery, big fun, hell of a show.

Two things standout; the first being a drunk fucker that stole the tip jar. I witnessed this and ran down to tell the bar staff; they alerted security that in turn alerted PD on site. They found the guy in the head, red-handed, stuffing cash down his pants. Food and drink were on the house for the rest of the night.

The second was me being drunk and running a red light on the way home; I hesitated for a second before flooring it, only to see a blur pass me by. Damn, that was close! How close? I found a piece of rear wheel-opening trim imbedded in my front bumper rubber snubber the next day. o_O

7maverickxe2.6822.jpg

Meanwhile...

I am not usually a big Country music fan - particularly when it comes to most of the modern stuff (just tends to drive me nuts). That said, I enjoy a lot of the older artists on occasion - especially when there is more of a folk influence versus a rock or pop influence. I think I recall Blake Shelton saying at one point that he really appreciates those Country artists that have a story to tell and can do it with soul. (I find that somewhat ironic since he is one of those that I can barely stand...)

My wife is a big Tyler Childers fan so I hear his stuff pretty frequently and it's safe to say that I've come to enjoy him as well.

In my efforts to spend more time on the guitar and sharpen some long neglected skills when it comes to singing/playing and such, I've been learning some of his tunes.

I am not usually a big Country music fan - particularly when it comes to most of the modern stuff (just tends to drive me nuts). That said, I enjoy a lot of the older artists on occasion - especially when there is more of a folk influence versus a rock or pop influence. I think I recall Blake Shelton saying at one point that he really appreciates those Country artists that have a story to tell and can do it with soul. (I find that somewhat ironic since he is one of those that I can barely stand...)

My wife is a big Tyler Childers fan so I hear his stuff pretty frequently and it's safe to say that I've come to enjoy him as well.

In my efforts to spend more time on the guitar and sharpen some long neglected skills when it comes to singing/playing and such, I've been learning some of his tunes.

That's some good stuff right there, I've heard the Feathered Indians song but never knew who it was.

Forgot about these guys, this was good drankin music back in the day. Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash

Back