Greetings

Chris@SOG

Hello everyone in the SOG Knife forum.

Since this is my first post I will try and keep it short and to the point. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here. I will do my best to answer any inquiries in a timely manner. I do have a day job here at SOG.

I hope everyone has a great week and keep a look out for new stuff in 2004. I might drop some hints in the next couple months.

Chris

Welcome Chris. Nice to have you here. :) What is your job at SOG? Did I hear hints?:p lol

Originally posted by wildmanh
Welcome Chris. Nice to have you here. :) What is your job at SOG? Did I hear hints?:p lol
Pay no attention to the Wildman...:D :p

Chris,

Welcome !! Whatever it is you're doing at SOG it has to be a great job. Plus the company-provided benefit of lots of fresh air up there, something we SoCal smoke-eaters don't have much of the past few days.

Cheers,

Carl

Originally posted by Chris@SOG
Hello everyone in the SOG Knife forum.

Since this is my first post I will try and keep it short and to the point. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here. I will do my best to answer any inquiries in a timely manner. I do have a day job here at SOG.

I hope everyone has a great week and keep a look out for new stuff in 2004. I might drop some hints in the next couple months.

Chris

Welcome to your forum! Anxiously awaiting the Spyderfly... :cool:

Originally posted by raghorn
Welcome to your forum! Anxiously awaiting the Spyderfly... :cool:
Are you sure you're in the right forum...???;)

Welcome!

Just a quick question. Were you (read: SOG) ever asked to "ok" the use of the Desert Dagger in Kill Bill, or did that just sort of happen?

Originally posted by Steven Roos
Just a quick question. Were you (read: SOG) ever asked to "ok" the use of the Desert Dagger in Kill Bill, or did that just sort of happen?

This is what happened to my knowledge:

We work closely with a prop house in the LA area and they have samples of our knives. Someone from Kill Bill saw the Desert Dagger and really liked it. So the prop house called us and requested samples for the movie.

To answer to your question it just kinda happened and we provided the knives at their request.

Chris

Thanks for the info on Kill Bill.

Here is an excerpt from the Kill Bill script that I found funny:

The HOUSEWIFE hops off The Bride, runs into the kitchen, opens a drawer and comes out with a HUGE MOTHER****IN BUTCHER KNIFE.

The BRIDE rises from the floor, and WHIPS OUT a KNIFE in a sheath hanging from her belt known as a SOG. (A SOG is a long, double-edged knife that's as sharp as a razor, and is what Navy Seals use to kill humans with.)

Kind of amusing if you ask me. LOL!

We're kinda like a prop house here too, and we're interested in your knives as well...as such, would you be kind enough to provide us all with some 'samples'? ;)

Thanks in advance,

Mel

p.s. Pretty funny eh? Ok, now that you're all done laughing...we do have a 'pass-around' forum here at BFC whereby manufacturers such as SOG can submit samples for a general evaluation by a limited number of forumites (usually the 1st 10 people to sign up)...

Previous 'pass-around' knives have given the makers invaluable real-world feedback for potential product improvement; feedback that is non-quid pro quo, i.e. 'raw' data that couldn't be purchased if ya wanted too.

Anyhoo, welcome Chris, consider the idea, and stay current ;)

Originally posted by Bobby B
Pay no attention to the Wildman...:D :p

You're just jelious that I beet you to it.:p he he he

Welcome aboard, Chris. Keep us tuned in on the latest offerings.

Back