1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Greetings

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by [email protected], Oct 27, 2003.

1. Chris@SOG

[email protected] Moderator Moderator

Oct 21, 2003
    Hello everyone in the SOG Knife forum.

Since this is my first post I will try and keep it short and to the point. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here. I will do my best to answer any inquiries in a timely manner. I do have a day job here at SOG.

I hope everyone has a great week and keep a look out for new stuff in 2004. I might drop some hints in the next couple months.

Chris

2. Surreal Boredom

Surreal Boredom

Oct 7, 2003
    Hello, I just got here but welcome.

3. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Welcome Chris. Nice to have you here. :) What is your job at SOG? Did I hear hints?:p lol

4. BOK

BOK

Apr 16, 2002
    Welcome!

5. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    Pay no attention to the Wildman...:D :p

6. New Pig Hunter

New Pig Hunter

Dec 4, 2002
    Chris,

Welcome !! Whatever it is you're doing at SOG it has to be a great job. Plus the company-provided benefit of lots of fresh air up there, something we SoCal smoke-eaters don't have much of the past few days.

Cheers,

Carl

7. raghorn

raghorn

Feb 23, 2002
    Welcome to your forum! Anxiously awaiting the Spyderfly... :cool:

8. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    Are you sure you're in the right forum...???;)

9. Steven Roos

Steven Roos

Jun 29, 2002
    Welcome!

Just a quick question. Were you (read: SOG) ever asked to "ok" the use of the Desert Dagger in Kill Bill, or did that just sort of happen?

10. raghorn

raghorn

Feb 23, 2002
    :p ;) :D

11. Chris@SOG

[email protected] Moderator Moderator

Oct 21, 2003
    This is what happened to my knowledge:

We work closely with a prop house in the LA area and they have samples of our knives. Someone from Kill Bill saw the Desert Dagger and really liked it. So the prop house called us and requested samples for the movie.

To answer to your question it just kinda happened and we provided the knives at their request.

Chris

12. z17813

z17813

May 21, 2002
    G'Day Chris :)
    BTW interesting about Kill Bill.

13. Steven Roos

Steven Roos

Jun 29, 2002
    Thanks for the info on Kill Bill.

Here is an excerpt from the Kill Bill script that I found funny:

Kind of amusing if you ask me. LOL!

14. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    We're kinda like a prop house here too, and we're interested in your knives as well...as such, would you be kind enough to provide us all with some 'samples'? ;)

Thanks in advance,

Mel

p.s. Pretty funny eh? Ok, now that you're all done laughing...we do have a 'pass-around' forum here at BFC whereby manufacturers such as SOG can submit samples for a general evaluation by a limited number of forumites (usually the 1st 10 people to sign up)...

Previous 'pass-around' knives have given the makers invaluable real-world feedback for potential product improvement; feedback that is non-quid pro quo, i.e. 'raw' data that couldn't be purchased if ya wanted too.

Anyhoo, welcome Chris, consider the idea, and stay current ;)

15. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    You're just jelious that I beet you to it.:p he he he

16. golok

golok

Oct 20, 2000
    Welcome aboard, Chris. Keep us tuned in on the latest offerings.