• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Greg Wall Knives

If this is his ebay page: https://www.ebay.com/usr/awrjrr?_trksid=p2047675.m145687.l151931
Then sorry, but he is EXTREMELY dishonest. His positive rating shows that he cares VERY MUCH about keeping ebay happy with him, as there are several "shipped VERY quickly, good comms" reviews, which means he's dumping custom and webpage orders under the desk, and when we ask, he LIES as he knows damn well he's working on ebay orders, because WE already paid, and we can't leave a bad review. :mad:

I would say at this point unless you can leave a public REVIEW of him, that people avoid him like they would a carnival gypsy asking for spare change.
No that isn't his page, at the moment he doesn't have any knives for sale. He sold several a week or so ago, so if his pattern holds true I expect to see more added next week. But I get your point and I have to agree...

No that isn't his page, at the moment he doesn't have any knives for sale. He sold several a week or so ago, so if his pattern holds true I expect to see more added next week. But I get your point and I have to agree...
It's strange though, even in the review history there are a LOT of Wall knives, there must be a connection somehow, or that guy just buys off Wall and then resells for an uptick. The knives are coming from somewhere, and I can't imagine that Greg has a huge stockpile of knives and sheaths just sitting around....

FINALLY arrived today (and did need a signature). I tell you, I really hate that the guy is jerking people around like he is, because the knife itself is equisite. Honestly way better than I imagined it would be, especially considering some of the photos I had found of his early work. Even the sheath is great, and I tell you, after being so frustrated, I was ready to be MEGA critical of this thing. I have to remember where I used to host photos so that I can link some pics, I'll try and do that tomorrow. I suppose that doesn't change the fact that 2+ YEARS is not an acceptable time frame, and even the 1.5 YEARS that I had to wait is ridiculous. It sucks because I would totally buy more from him had he gotten me this within, let's say 6 months. I would even want a version of this with a different saw back and a blood groove of some sort, but as it is, I'll be hitching this to my trek belt and be happy I got it.

To those still waiting, hopefully it's some consolation that the knives are really really well done and if/when you get yours, there's a good chance you are going to be happy with it...but you have to put pressure on him evidently. Exactly what I hoped when I ordered. Hell he even wraps the sheath in plastic so you get a blast of full on leather smell. Everything except the grind of actually getting it, is A+

Sounds like some of the racing engine builders and parts innovators/suppliers I used to deal with. Very talented and in demand - also regularly capable of turning me into both a cardiovascular and mental patient.

My BIGGEST issue is that he does NOT disclose anywhere on his page that the items shown are not currently in stock, nor does he give any kind of ETA. I only found out that he takes "quite some time" from a video on youtube after waiting a couple of months for shipping. I contacted him and that was the first of probably 10 "it's almost done" emails from him, always with a fresh excuse.

Thing is, I live in the woods, like DEEP in the woods, and every fall and spring we have serious bear encroachments, and yearlong the risk of cougar attack is real (they've been breeding fairly well, they prey on the rancher's sheep up here). I pretty much NEED to have a good solid knife with me at all times, so had I known this guy was going to take 1-7 YEARS I definitely would have forked out the $$$ for a really good Bowie knife. BUT I also live close to where first blood was filmed, in fact, almost identical terrain to the first act, so hey, "let's get a first blood knife"...but I always thought those screwdriver tips looked like something that would catch or gouge in an emergency, so where do you find one without them.....and here we are, almost 2 years later bitching on a public forum.

Additional note...he SAID he would send it rush/priority, but he send it regular parcel, so it's STILL on the other side of the continent. Posted on the 9th of June. The lies just NEVER stop with this guy. My suspicion is that he's getting a large number of orders "PAID UP FRONT" and he's busy enjoying/spending the money. Probably has a new boat, and in fact he said he was moving, maybe bought a new house, but he's not putting the money back into the business by hiring help, so I think overall it's GOOD to have a thread like this, and the more personal experiences the better. Especially now that it sounds like his once "okay" service is slipping into "not at all okay, not by a long shot" :)

Will still post photos if/when it ever arrives.
Sounds like we both live in similar terrain. In fact, when I first ordered the knife, I mentioned to Greg that I was looking forward to having it so I could keep it on my backpack when my pup and I go on our hikes through the low mountains near my house. I always carry bear spray, but I think it's best to be over protected. Also, as I like to joke, I can't be expected to know when a power mad, small town sheriff might decide to start "pushing me", so I need to be ready for that too haha ;-)

Okay, so got some pics uploaded to flikr. As I was taking them, I noticed that the blade has a fairly wicked curve to it. Now very likely I could bend this back, I'm just going to leave it, as it is a working knife, but I know a lot of people are very particular especially when the knives get up there in $$. The saw teeth are not totally equal, but again, not a huge concern as I don't see myself ever actually sawing a tree down with it (I WILL use it to split small logs lengthwise). I mean, let's be honest the saw teeth are really just part of the appeal, not the function. But I figured people would like to see what you currently get (summer '23) if/when Mr Wall gets a knife to you.

Sounds like we both live in similar terrain. In fact, when I first ordered the knife, I mentioned to Greg that I was looking forward to having it so I could keep it on my backpack when my pup and I go on our hikes through the low mountains near my house. I always carry bear spray, but I think it's best to be over protected. Also, as I like to joke, I can't be expected to know when a power mad, small town sheriff might decide to start "pushing me", so I need to be ready for that too haha ;-)
Yes, and I do quite like that it's a non retention sheath, the biggest worry here is cougar, so I don't want to have to fiddle with anything complicated. Even the shorty shotgun I tend to carry in spring and fall isn't loaded, just shells in a side saddle, but a knife is pretty foolproof. There was a mama bear with her cub here on the property today eating dandelions. I didn't even chase them off (less dandelions the better). BUT, just a reminder that a few yards away was a beast that would kill me if I messed with that cub, no question. Just a different life out here, no doubt.

Hello all,
include me as well, I bought a couple of his hollow handle he had on eBay and had no issues, shipped fast and packaged well.
That got me wanting his Robert Parrish versions, so I reached out and he said he didn’t have any in stock, and would be an 8-10 week turn around.
so I thought no biggie.
I’m sitting at 45 weeks, as of now!
I hit him up every couple months, and same as always, gets back quick but same song and dance.
Just like the movie the Money Pit,
2 more weeks!!

I feel I will get them eventually, but don’t lie and say 8-10 weeks up front, if it’s gonna be 1-2 or more years. He’s not CRK for crying out loud. I don’t hold him in a class as a high end knife maker.
I just thought it would be cool to get a couple of hollow handle knives from the 80’s, and he seems to be the only one doing it?

I also don’t think he should continue to put knives on eBay until his custom orders are all filled. he even had a Rambo first blood for sale awhile back, which definitely isn’t right if someone has the same thing on order?

I guess I’m glad I’m not alone, and it does suck, so definitely won’t order anything else in the future.

good luck to all,
🤷🏻

Last edited:
The latest 3 week delivery has come and gone….coming up on week 5. No communication and I sent another email yesterday morning. I have not received a response yet, which is disappointing. My original date was “about 14 weeks.” I am now on week 39 and 3days…. I’m fine with being patient and wouldn’t fault or bash anyone for unforeseen circumstances, however I’m not very tolerant of this type of run around. If someone sent me a product and I didn’t pay them for 40 weeks, I’d have a collection agency after me. My portion of this deal was paid in full at the time of the order. Hopefully I get the knife or money back soon. I‘ll keep you all updated.

The latest 3 week delivery has come and gone….coming up on week 5. No communication and I sent another email yesterday morning. I have not received a response yet, which is disappointing. My original date was “about 14 weeks.” I am now on week 39 and 3days…. I’m fine with being patient and wouldn’t fault or bash anyone for unforeseen circumstances, however I’m not very tolerant of this type of run around. If someone sent me a product and I didn’t pay them for 40 weeks, I’d have a collection agency after me. My portion of this deal was paid in full at the time of the order. Hopefully I get the knife or money back soon. I‘ll keep you all updated.
And yet I've watched him list knives all along on ebay for sale, mostly hollow handle survival knives. He is obviously building knives for eBay while his customers who have paid are put on the back burner. I just don't get it. I own 4 Walls knives and honestly I am considering selling them off due to this. I believe a custom knife is more than just the knife. There has to be a level of integrity than goes along with it for me to value it. Call me old fashioned but it's how I view it. Obviously his integrity is compromised. Good luck to everyone who is dealing with this, I hope you receive what you paid for.

I received my shipping date of on or before August 3rd. The knife shipped August 2nd and I received it on the 5th. It is a great looking knife with a quality sheath. I’m not a knife expert, but everything looks straight and it is very sharp. I hope Mr. Wall is able to up his delivery estimates in the future and communicate issues to buyers as they arise. I would have no problem waiting a year for the knife, if that is what it takes to make it…just tell me that up front. Good luck to those waiting and if you’re thinking of buying from him, the product definitely seems worth the price, just make sure you communicate with him and know that there could be potential delays.

No dog in this hunt but…if the people who “don’t want to be that guy” had been that guy maybe some folks wouldn’t be in the situation they’re finding themselves in.

If you’re being screwed over or made to wait an exorbitant amount of time or paying in full for a knife that isn‘t being made then do the community a favor and be “that guy”.

Hey everyone,
got an update, one of the 2 knives I ordered did show up this week, he contacted me on friday with tracking number and it showed up Tuesday. So I’m halfway home. He said he’s on vacation this week, probably why he’s not responding, at least this week. I told him that I received knife and haven’t heard anything back. Not that I’m making any excuses for him. Doesn’t need any help there.
just saying.
He said he would finish my other knife the first or second week of September. so we’ll see?
Hopefully🤞🏻
I think you’ll get your knife eventually took me one week shy of a year. I ordered mine last Labor Day weekend, the one I just got and the 2nd one I ordered about a month later. so that way the finishes on both knives could be the same.
but who knows if they’ll match or not. At this point don’t care just want it.

Good luck to all

I'm glad I came across this information. It's been a few months since the last post here, but in case anyone is still reading...I was considering buying one or more knives from him because his story sounded pretty good; before I read some of these posts. So the forum is working. I'll pay a little more and just go with the real thing or stick with vintage Al Mar, Blackjack Effinghams, etc. like I've been buying/using for years. I had hopes for Wall knives though...they look good and seemed pretty reasonable until now. Hopefully this guy will realize the word is getting out about his crappy service and attitude

I have been waiting over 1 year for him to build my knife. Nothing yet!! I will review back whenever he gets back with me. Kinds sad guy can build a good knife but I don't think I will ever pay for anything in full again

Back