Grimsmo Norseman

Its been a while since I have posted but Id like to know if y'all think the Norseman is still very desireable or if its cooled off a bit. I have a chance to purchase one but I dont want to get stung. Thanks!

I think the Norseman bubble has mostly popped. If you check the Knife Exchange I think you’ll find that the sales have cooled off considerably.

It could be that discerning Knife Knuts are actually questioning what they plan to do with that blade. :p

The Grissmo train moved on to Holt and I’ve lost track of where it is now...

The 2ndary market price has not grown as much while the 1st hand price has more than doubled I think it has somewhat evened out still a good knife if you like it but not the investment it was years ago.

I think if you like the knife and can afford it, get one. I just bought one and not cause it’s still desirable, but because I really like it.

Grimsmo is still asking around $900 new. Secondary has cooled off quite a bit. By and large they are going for less than retail now secondhand.

Been watching their prices for a year and saw the same burst. Wonder if the change to rwl34 on 900$ knife had somthing to do with it.

I like the design, bought mine in the spring of 2019. Did not use it at first as they were hard to come by, now they are on the drop system so you can choose your color. I used it briefly now and then but did not find the blade shape very useful, this has now changed. It is a knife that grows on you and the tanto shape is very useful for every day tasks, I have it clipped to my pocket now and love it.

Been watching their prices for a year and saw the same burst. Wonder if the change to rwl34 on 900$ knife had somthing to do with it.
Last I checked they were always RWL34 or at least have been since they were asking $400-$500.

I think it has always been RWL34. Given that many custom makers use CPM154, which is pretty equivalent to RWL34 and people don't mind paying $750+, they won't be changing the steel.

From what I understand, the secondary has cooled off. I personally don't think they're worth the asking price new right now.

I picked up an older one recently for a price much more similar to what they used to sell for. I personally really enjoy it and intend on keeping it, but that's partly because I really like the detent the old ones had. Supposedly the detent is a lot stiffer now.

Back