Griptilian black axis lock hardware source?

The stock Griptilian and Mini Grips that otherwise have black hardware, have a silver axis lock. Does anyone know of any source or way of getting black axis lock hardware (other than ordering a custom Grip from Benchmade)?

You could always send it in to benchmade and request one, that's what I did and they were kind enough to send me one. but I don't think they do that now. otherwise you could go to Gp knives and get a good deal on an all black mini grip and swap the hardware.

Thanks, I'll check that site out. I wish Benchmrk would sell the parts, but I gurss it would cause warranty issues...

Well, checked out GP Knives, those blacked out Griptilians are nice, but they are out of stock on all of them...

I'm not sure what kind of steel the parts are made off, but if the chromium content is not to high you could try blueing them.

I know that BM will not send you the black axis lock anymore, I just inquired about a month ago (I gave up after being shot down by 2 different CS people). Maybe if your knife is going in for other service (and/or lifesharpening) you could request it then but they without-a-doubt wont send you (or sell you) one to change yourself.

Yeah, I read their faq and I'm pretty sure I remember it stating that you can't 'customize' your knife when you send it in for warranty service. I hate to buy another knife just to get black axis locks to switch out, because then I'll end up with another knife with silver axis locks anyway...

Yeah, I read their faq and I'm pretty sure I remember it stating that you can't 'customize' your knife when you send it in for warranty service. I hate to buy another knife just to get black axis locks to switch out, because then I'll end up with another knife with silver axis locks anyway...

Well that's not entirely true, check out the 710 barrel spacer mod (there's a current thread about it), they will do some customization when sent in for warranty if you specifically request it. (They also change clips to other styles if yoi specifically request that). Perhaps if you "broke" your axis lock and it had to be replaced...

If your welling to go as far as buying another knife just to get the black lock why not just spend 1/20th of that money and send your lock out to be cerakoted, having dealt extensively with cerakote on everything from firearms to engine parts to flashlights I'm sure it would hold up well on the lock.

Thanks Cereal_killer, I am new to knife collecting and have much to learn. I will look into cerakoting....

Around here there are several shops so the pricing is very good, to get just the lock cerakoted I would expect to pay no more than $10, you might have to wait a week or two for the place to have a larger order of the same color black (cause they're probabily not gonna set it all up for your tiny little piece alone) but if you just tell them your welling to wait and have your one piece stuck in with a large batch my local show would do that for just a few dollars if I go when they call.

I like the idea myself, I have my second mini-grip on the way, when it gets here I think I'll get its lock done, but not black, I'm thinking red or even blue.

Back