Photos Griptilian Crack/Nick on Blade Pivot Mount? Do you have it on yours?

Hi. Need help comparing my full size Griptilian to yours. I noticed a Nick/Cut/Indent like groove on the top part of the blade pivot area when closed. Does yours have this? Is it part of the design? I hope it's not a Crack on mine. Thank you.
I attached some photos.
39304351184_4f58da2972_z.jpg
39115729695_d37d2c7ef7_z.jpg

That's from the laser used to cut out the blade. Nothing to worry about structurally. You might notice a faint "click" as the Axis bar slides over it, and it might feel less smooth, but it's not damaged.

I never noticed before, but sure enough there's a line like that on my knife too, not quite as deep, but visible if you look for it

Thanks loonybin and Mahoney. Just got my grip a few weeks ago, I thought I caused the nick by flicking it too much. :)

That's not a defect, it's normal and common. Machine marks and small imperfections are nothing to worry about. Besides, you have a strong customer service team backing you up If you do have problem.

Yeah I've seen that on plenty Benchmades so its normal. On the models where it is more pronounced it can cause a little click when opening. If it bothers you you can always disassemble and polish the tang with some very fine sandpaper. This should smooth up the action even more for you. The only thing your going to wear out by flicking is your thumbs and your axis spring eventually.

No need to worry as already stated. This is not a crack in the blade but a machining mark.

Back