GSO 2.7 passaround and signup thread

This is a cool idea, and I'm surprised more folks aren't jumping in. I am completely covered up with projects for the next few months or I would join in. Guess I'll wait for mine on order.

Just a word of caution for whomever gets it after Bobby, they don't accidentally cut their whole arm off. When you take it out if the sheath, a bobby-sharpened knife makes the light saber sound.

I would jump at this chance also but I'm not sure if I'll be out here or in Boston next month.
Thank you for the opportunity though!

I would love to but will be traveling a lot for work over the next few months. Look forward to seeing the pics though

Grogimus! How very generous of you brother. Especially for passing around two!

I was blessed to receive what I believe is the first 2.7 to make it to the wild. It will certainly tide me over until my Factory First arrives, but I appreciate the offer no end.

I will certainly be looking forward to everyone's thoughts on it. And although I've tried to post a few thoughts and pictures to help tide folks over, I will try to consolidate those into the review thread.

Cheers brother

Dave

I'm in. And if I happen to have it the week of October 5-12, I will process a deer with it. I will also compare it to "the family."

Awesome, thanks man!

Would I be able to join this passaround? I'd love an opportunity to try out my first Survive! knife, I have not held one yet but I am a fan of smaller fixed blades. Since placing my preorder a short while ago for the GSO 5.1, i've been pining over every one of these knives I look at pictures of! Currently I have the 5.1 shirt to tide me over until my knife arrives haha.

I scratched my head over this for a while. I really like the 2.7 but I don't know that it would be good for a person to get it as their first Survive! knife. If you don't mind being towards the back of the line I wouldn't mind adding you in. However, I think the 5.1, 4.7, or an old spec 4.1 would be a better representation of the company's knives. Send me a PM if you'd prefer to check one of those out instead.

This is a cool idea, and I'm surprised more folks aren't jumping in. I am completely covered up with projects for the next few months or I would join in. Guess I'll wait for mine on order.

Just a word of caution for whomever gets it after Bobby, they don't accidentally cut their whole arm off. When you take it out if the sheath, a bobby-sharpened knife makes the light saber sound.

Even if you do nothing but hold it to see how you like it you're welcome to join in.

I would jump at this chance also but I'm not sure if I'll be out here or in Boston next month.
Thank you for the opportunity though!

If you change your mind you're obviously welcome.

I would love to but will be traveling a lot for work over the next few months. Look forward to seeing the pics though

Likewise man, you're welcome if you change your mind.

Grogimus! How very generous of you brother. Especially for passing around two!

I was blessed to receive what I believe is the first 2.7 to make it to the wild. It will certainly tide me over until my Factory First arrives, but I appreciate the offer no end.

I will certainly be looking forward to everyone's thoughts on it. And although I've tried to post a few thoughts and pictures to help tide folks over, I will try to consolidate those into the review thread.

Cheers brother

Dave

I very much appreciate the sentiment. Cheers!

I look forward to reading the reviews thread on this one. They'll help tide me over until my 2.7 arrives.

Very generous of you grog to spread the love.

I have the 2.7 in hand, will take pics and hopefully some video this weekend, will try to have a review put together next week before it heads out to the next person.

Chiral, remind me, have you had a 3.5?

Nope, but I have a new one on order.

By the way, i think it was already mentioned in this thread that the 2.7 pass-around is not factory new, it came to me sharp enough to slice printer paper but wouldn't push-cut phone-book paper or shave. I sharpened and stropped it for making a shaving video since it's a reasonable size for such use, but thought that maybe I should do one since it isn't the factory edge. Should I skip that? Any knife can shave if sharpened properly, and it isn't exactly a test of durability... thoughts?

I think it's interesting to do, and depending on the grind it could be better or worse right? Maybe the ergos aren't right for it. I think it's one of those things like cutting paper, any knife can do that too if sharpened properly, but everyone does it to start off, so it's a nice starting test

It's not really being subjected to the full Chiral gauntlet if you don't shave with it! If you record it, I'll watch it.

It's not really being subjected to the full Chiral gauntlet if you don't shave with it! If you record it, I'll watch it.

LOL, well i suppose I'd better do it then :)

And the previous comment, I find the ergos fine for shaving though I will have some commentary on them for other tasks (definitely not a favorite).

I should have most of the typed stuff in place this week, but the video I've recorded so far is shot - something wrong with the focus, had trouble with still-images as well - so it's going to be a bit longer for that. I'm also putting together an inside-the-pocket carry-clip to send along with the sheath, as this knife lends itself to it. Indeed, a clip-on leather pouch sheath or one of Azwelke's fold-overs (to take less space) might be ideal for this knife in-pocket.

I believe that gauntlet also includes throwing at a big old tree or am I thinking of someone else

Just so everybody knows, I just need to sharpen this thing and then it will go in the mail. I'm including a couple of extras with it - just some scrap that I had laying around but maybe useful to the next users. MANY many pics to follow and video as well. I did shave with it, I did throw it, I did pound it through a tin can as well as some steel roofing. And guys, like the Necker II before it, this knife in this steel is NOT a good substitute for tin-snips :eek: Standby...

Just so everybody knows, I just need to sharpen this thing and then it will go in the mail. I'm including a couple of extras with it - just some scrap that I had laying around but maybe useful to the next users. MANY many pics to follow and video as well. I did shave with it, I did throw it, I did pound it through a tin can as well as some steel roofing. And guys, like the Necker II before it, this knife in this steel is NOT a good substitute for tin-snips :eek: Standby...
Hah, I'll keep my tin snips handy. Very much looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LOL, well i suppose I'd better do it then :)

And the previous comment, I find the ergos fine for shaving though I will have some commentary on them for other tasks (definitely not a favorite).

I should have most of the typed stuff in place this week, but the video I've recorded so far is shot - something wrong with the focus, had trouble with still-images as well - so it's going to be a bit longer for that. I'm also putting together an inside-the-pocket carry-clip to send along with the sheath, as this knife lends itself to it. Indeed, a clip-on leather pouch sheath or one of Azwelke's fold-overs (to take less space) might be ideal for this knife in-pocket.

Please email or PM me a color and the next testers address and we will get one out in the next few days.
Thanks
Al

Dan I'd be happy if I could just fondle it the next time I pass by your way (that is if it's not already half way across the country in someone else's possession at the moment, lol)

Back