Gso 6

The feel and balance of a knife is a huge deal for me, but is not usually discussed in reviews. First hand knowledge from someone who uses the knives is invaluable!

The feel and balance of a knife is a huge deal for me, but is not usually discussed in reviews. First hand knowledge from someone who uses the knives is invaluable!

I agree. Don't worry. I'm starting a YouTube channel soon. My buddy and I are starting a motovlog and a food vlog and I'll be doing my own thing with knife, gun, and other gear reviews.

Yea I've had both and I'm waiting for my new 5 from the preorder or starter or whatever it was lol. The 6 is the perfect large bush knife for me, especially paired with the 3.5.

Ask and thou shalt receive.. This is with a small para cord lanyard and bead (almost no weight). But here is the balance point and why I love it.

89919fb6ace08a7c751dbe2c72fb273f.jpg

Congrats on another 6! Looks like Gunner is almost out of his teenager stage!

Congrats on another 6! Looks like Gunner is almost out of his teenager stage!

Thanks brother. And yea he's growing like a weed! He doesn't get too much publicity on this forum like he does on the other one :)

I got pictures of the new 6 that's coming in too.

ae33f84c7af4155079743a52f7dd2eb5.jpg
ad1f87d5a58a72305b7e4841200bbff7.jpg

I agree. Don't worry. I'm starting a YouTube channel soon. My buddy and I are starting a motovlog and a food vlog and I'll be doing my own thing with knife, gun, and other gear reviews.

Let us know, I will subscribe!

Also, that incoming 6 looks great.

Let us know, I will subscribe!

Also, that incoming 6 looks great.

Thanks guys. I'll keep you guys posted. We do a lot of bike racing and riding. My buddies have INSANE cars so they'll be in a lot of them. And every week my friends and I jump on the bikes and pick funky restaurants and place to eat and drink. We've had a few people tell us we should get a tv show. I think we'll start with YouTube lol.

And I'm a gear nut so that side of it will be just me.

OBSESSION!!!!!

So I can't stop thinking about the 6. Now that I've handled a 5 and knowing the 5 is not fully present in the next gen the 6 seems really attractive. I had never given it much thought before.

Manofsteel gave some really good insight on balance. I compared new specs to old specs and for my personal taste I think I might like the new balance even more because the handle will be .3 inches longer.

Old

New

I think that will be my line of attack too ^. Of course if there are 5.1s that hit the site from the new run, I will probably have to have one of them as well.

I just ordered my gso 8 so now I have to build up the funds for the gso 6: my next objective

DUDE!!! So glad to hear this. It is actually a dream come true for you. So cool.

I'm seriously getting torn between an 8 or a 6 next..... decisions decisions!

#survivor!problems

I guess I'm a survive addict lol I already ordered:
Gso 5.1
Gso 8
And I'm seriously getting tempted by the gso 6

Maybe I need to find a second job to pay for all this ???
Fortunately I didn't use my son's college money yet :D

DUDE!!! So glad to hear this. It is actually a dream come true for you. So cool.

I'm seriously getting torn between an 8 or a 6 next..... decisions decisions!

#survivor!problems

Gso 5.1
Gso 8

"Buy first, ask questions later"..... though dealing with the wrath of the minister of home affairs (wife) is another matter entirely :D

Nice scales MOS89. At least there's no chance of losing the one with orange if you dropped it on a forest floor!

Gso 5.1
Gso 8

Yes, yes you do have some issues... just like most of us here :D

A second job is a great idea. But hey, what's the going rate for a kidney these days ???

Awesome, man! You'll be able to fill up more sheaths now!

How do you like the S! G10 on a knife that size?

Thanks guys. I haven't used it yet so I can't really speak on the G10 yet 100%. It's definitely slicker than I like my knife handles to be so I'll likely try to trade someone for micarta scales. I'm definitely biased because I generally don't like G10 at all except on folders but what do I know. I might send this orange one in to guy for a firesteel notch though. I'd like to see if he could square off the spine without completely changing the knife and taking a bunch of material away.

Back