1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GSO 7/7 update?..and pics/reviews if you got em...

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by MattinLA, Sep 12, 2014.

1. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    I already signed up for the Survive! email, but its almost the end of Summer and still no GSO 7/7's! I'm gonna get one with the non reflective coating and the unsharpened swedge.
    If you have any pics that would really help me during the awful wait...

2. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Did you actually order one yet? I dont know if they were planning on running a second batch of those. I had a 7/7 and a 5.1. I ended selling the 7/7. It was a great knife, but the 5.1 was just as capable and sightly more carryable

3. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    They say on their site they will have a new batch by the end of Summer. For my 5" blade I have a SW RMD I was looking for something a little bigger...

4. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    I have 2 5.1s and a 7/7. The handles are the same but the 7/7 being longer makes it balane far farther towards the nose. The 7/7 would have an advantage chopping but the 5.1 beats it everywhere else.

The false grind on the 7/7 does look cool though.:thumbup:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  5. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Thanks Hank_612!

6. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    Hey MattinLA, we are working on getting those through production and are hoping to have them available in a few months. I do want to warn you that I'm not sure what options we will have available yet. For example, the machines had a hard time hold tolerances for the swedge grind. The increased cost and high number of losses associated with that run means we likely will not be offering the swedge on this upcoming run.