GSO 7/7 update?..and pics/reviews if you got em...

MattinLA

Gold Member
I already signed up for the Survive! email, but its almost the end of Summer and still no GSO 7/7's! I'm gonna get one with the non reflective coating and the unsharpened swedge.
If you have any pics that would really help me during the awful wait...

Did you actually order one yet? I dont know if they were planning on running a second batch of those. I had a 7/7 and a 5.1. I ended selling the 7/7. It was a great knife, but the 5.1 was just as capable and sightly more carryable

They say on their site they will have a new batch by the end of Summer. For my 5" blade I have a SW RMD I was looking for something a little bigger...

I have 2 5.1s and a 7/7. The handles are the same but the 7/7 being longer makes it balane far farther towards the nose. The 7/7 would have an advantage chopping but the 5.1 beats it everywhere else.

The false grind on the 7/7 does look cool though.:thumbup:

Last edited:
I already signed up for the Survive! email, but its almost the end of Summer and still no GSO 7/7's! I'm gonna get one with the non reflective coating and the unsharpened swedge.
If you have any pics that would really help me during the awful wait...

Hey MattinLA, we are working on getting those through production and are hoping to have them available in a few months. I do want to warn you that I'm not sure what options we will have available yet. For example, the machines had a hard time hold tolerances for the swedge grind. The increased cost and high number of losses associated with that run means we likely will not be offering the swedge on this upcoming run.

Back