Gso-7/7

Here is a place for folks to discuss the GSO-7/7 and share photos once they start shipping out in a few months!

Blades and handles are in. Waiting on a few more materials and then folks will start seeing these. So for those who can't stand the hectic Monday Sales, the limited presale is on now!

I am IN-Will these also feature the textured Handles and Heat treatment? Thanks

Those look really nice, was my 1st pre order.
Just wondering, is the balance point is the same as the 1st gen?

Woohoo! Exciting!

This is one of the few models that didn't scream my name loud enough for me to click "buy".......... I know what's wrong with me?! BUT I know there's a lot of you out there who are excited for this model. What a great update on materials being in the shop from Ellie.

Tommy, these should have the delta 3v heat treat, but as far as I know the microtexturing can be hit or miss.

Woohoo! Exciting!

This is one of the few models that didn't scream my name loud enough for me to click "buy".......... I know what's wrong with me?! BUT I know there's a lot of you out there who are excited for this model. What a great update on materials being in the shop from Ellie.

Tommy, these should have the delta 3v heat treat, but as far as I know the microtexturing can be hit or miss.

I'm also on the fence. It is a freaking awesome knife, especially at the price, and yet I have several others I'd like to get (and dollars don't stretch as far as I'd like). I just don't have a need for a knife bigger than my 5.1, so I'll watch from the sidelines.... and probably kick myself later.

Thanks
Woohoo! Exciting!

I'm also on the fence. It is a freaking awesome knife, especially at the price, and yet I have several others I'd like to get (and dollars don't stretch as far as I'd like). I just don't have a need for a knife bigger than my 5.1, so I'll watch from the sidelines.... and probably kick myself later.

Do you hear this, people?!

Buy some wooden handles from this guy! Now!!!

So I read the email about this 7/7 presale and I'm wondering if I misunderstood the presale format.

Who will get a knife first, the people who purchased a 7/7 during the starter in 2015 or the people who are buying through the presale now?

I am IN-Will these also feature the textured Handles and Heat treatment? Thanks

The GSO-4.1 and every model after it will have delta 3V and micro-textured handles, including the GSO-7/7!

Those look really nice, was my 1st pre order.
Just wondering, is the balance point is the same as the 1st gen?

I'm not really sure, we don't have any of the old spec GSO-7/7s in the shop. I will ask Guy what he remembers.

So I read the email about this 7/7 presale and I'm wondering if I misunderstood the presale format.

Who will get a knife first, the people who purchased a 7/7 during the starter in 2015 or the people who are buying through the presale now?

Preorders will always go before presale orders.

The GSO-4.1 and every model after it will have delta 3V and micro-textured handles, including the GSO-7/7!

I'm not really sure, we don't have any of the old spec GSO-7/7s in the shop. I will ask Guy what he remembers.

Preorders will always go before presale orders.

BOOM! That's how y'all take care of customers. Thanks, sis.

Also, speaking of great communication, I had to email the shop the other day and Jordyn got back to me in an hour :thumbup::thumbup:

When are these 7/7s going to ship?

Don't you have to finish the GSO-4.7, GSO-4.7 Cru Forge V, GSO-2.7, GSO-4.1 before you start the GSO 7/7? As far as I know, the GSO-2.7 and GSO-4.1 haven't even started shipping yet, and the GSO-4.7 continues to drag on and on. However, in your e-mail about the 7/7 you state that there is a "Limited Amount Available Now!" You then go on to say these 7/7s will ship at some point in the future, after "a few months to get the preorders and these presale orders finished, sharpened, and shipped."

I get that this is a “presale.” However, to me, "Available Now!" means, well, NOW. To me, “a few months” means that these will ship before the end of 2016, but I cannot imagine a scenario where even that will happen.

Having shipping dates "delayed" due to unforeseen events is one thing, and forgivable. However, the way S!K is representing the availability of the 7/7s is at best VERY confusing, and at worst deceptive. Given all the confusion and disappointment surrounding shipping dates, S!K should have learned their lesson. Unfortunately, it appears that they have not.

BOOM! That's how y'all take care of customers. Thanks, sis.

No - giving customers their paid for goods is taking care of them.
April 2015 I ordered a 7/7...and a bunch of other models.

When we bought into the program there were no cru forges, no pre sales, no Monday "set your alarm clocks". It was a friggin straight transaction. You wait for some stuff, and we will give you 5 percent off.
The discount now barely breaks even with reserve bank economic indexing.

For all the love on this subforum - there are more than a few of us feeling burnt and used. Our patience and goodwill are not bottomless.

No - giving customers their paid for goods is taking care of them.
April 2015 I ordered a 7/7...and a bunch of other models.

When we bought into the program there were no cru forges, no pre sales, no Monday "set your alarm clocks". It was a friggin straight transaction. You wait for some stuff, and we will give you 5 percent off.
The discount now barely breaks even with reserve bank economic indexing.

For all the love on this subforum - there are more than a few of us feeling burnt and used. Our patience and goodwill are not bottomless.

My comment was aimed towards their improved communication, but you're right a lot has changed since the starter campaign. I remember you being pretty active here around the same time I found this place and I don't like seeing you not content. I'm hoping things with the company will keep moving in a direction to help restore your faith. The last few weeks have brought up concerns from quite a few onlookers. nc, makes some valid points as well.

I can't really say anything that will make it all better right now, but I'm trusting and hoping things will keep improving with SURVIVE! as they take steps to encourage satisfied customers AND skeptics.

When are these 7/7s going to ship?

Don't you have to finish the GSO-4.7, GSO-4.7 Cru Forge V, GSO-2.7, GSO-4.1 before you start the GSO 7/7? As far as I know, the GSO-2.7 and GSO-4.1 haven't even started shipping yet, and the GSO-4.7 continues to drag on and on. However, in your e-mail about the 7/7 you state that there is a "Limited Amount Available Now!" You then go on to say these 7/7s will ship at some point in the future, after "a few months to get the preorders and these presale orders finished, sharpened, and shipped."

I get that this is a “presale.” However, to me, "Available Now!" means, well, NOW. To me, “a few months” means that these will ship before the end of 2016, but I cannot imagine a scenario where even that will happen.

Having shipping dates "delayed" due to unforeseen events is one thing, and forgivable. However, the way S!K is representing the availability of the 7/7s is at best VERY confusing, and at worst deceptive. Given all the confusion and disappointment surrounding shipping dates, S!K should have learned their lesson. Unfortunately, it appears that they have not.
:thumbup:

ncrockilimber When are these 7/7s going to ship?

Deja Vu... I asked about this a month ago..

Me:...
Thanks for the update. I saw survive had mentioned recently 'We are expecting to start shipping the GSO-7/7 preorders out in about 2-3 months, depending on how these final steps go." And is where my ears had perked up.

Ellie's Response...
've been trying to figure out where anyone from SURVIVE! said the GSO-7/7 would be out this fall. I am sure that at one point in time we had hoped that they would be out by fall, but I doubt we made any guarantees on that. Even so, those should be starting to ship out this fall. I'm highlighting some parts in my post which will help to explain how the GSO-7/7 will be ready sooner, rather than later.

So from here response it sounded like the 7/7 "may" START rolling out in late fall~winter... but then as you know the 4.7 has "been rolling out" for almost a year.. so I just assume now that you would be looking well into next year to get the 7/7. I do notice a trend that the sales pitch before the sale seems to be quite a bit more optimistic on timing then later down the road. But the pre-order will come before the presale which is good. I just would take the "a few months" on the presale quote with a grain of salt.... kind of like I do when my 400lb uncle tells me he just want's a small "taste"

Last edited:
Back