GT knives out there

I can't recall seeing any topics on this company or that people have any of thier knives.

How many of you folks have one of these GT knives and what do you think about them?

I purchased one because I was intrigued buy the lock design. I still am! The knife overall seems to be good quality and there is zero play in mine when opened. I havn't used it much as a daily carry I think because of the pocket clip. Being made from aluminium and rather thick it resists clipping to the pocket unless you want to persuade it. The clip is positioned in such a way that it has a larger portion of the handle exposed and threatens to creep out of the pocket if you sit, particularily driving or riding a motorbike.
Mine is a tanto with serrations, given the choice I would have picked the clip point blade I think. Some tantos look great but this one seems overly blocky. The handle is very stiff and I'm sure it must feel similar to Microtech and M.O.D knives.

All in all I like the thing but when the one I reach for first is the Emerson CQC-7, BM AFCK, EDI Genesis or Spyderco Rookie.

Have a knife day

;)

ricOshay,
I know what you mean. I'm a charter member on most of the internet knife forums and I've rarely seen discussions concerning them.

I'm guess I'm one of the few folks that LOVE GT knives. I have a full size manual, a "Police Special" auto and two of the mini "Calif. Special" autos, all in clip point, plain blades. GT knives are of the highest quality, (at least in the examples I have), and the button lock is secure and dependable. I especially love the little mini autos and have never seen any small auto surpass their quality. Talk about snapping open with authority!

The manual full size I purchased used, (thanks Phillip!:)), but have carried and used it extensively over the past few months and it's as hardy as anything. One of the mini autos I had attached to my key ring for years and it's beat up but still snaps open like the day I bought it.

I met all the gents from GT Knives several years ago at the Eugene, Or. OKCA show and they were as nice of folks as you could ever hope to meet. I think their knives slightly unique shape, their unusual clips and their fairly high price point just didn't resonate well with people. I really DON'T know why they never became more popular but to me, they are gems!

ricOshay,
I know what you mean. I'm a charter member on most of the internet knife forums and I've rarely seen discussions concerning them.

I'm guess I'm one of the few folks that LOVE GT knives. I have a full size manual, a "Police Special" auto and two of the mini "Calif. Special" autos, all in clip point, plain blades. GT knives are of the highest quality, (at least in the examples I have), and the button lock is secure and dependable. I especially love the little mini autos and have never seen any small auto surpass their quality. Talk about snapping open with authority!

The manual full size I purchased used, (thanks Phillip!:)), but have carried and used it extensively over the past few months and it's as hardy as anything. One of the mini autos I had attached to my key ring for years and it's beat up but still snaps open like the day I bought it.

I met all the gents from GT Knives several years ago at the Eugene, Or. OKCA show and they were as nice of folks as you could ever hope to meet. I think their knives slightly unique shape, their unusual clips and their fairly high price point just didn't resonate well with people. I really DON'T know why they never became more popular but to me, they are gems!
Do you know of anyone who would be willing to trade a Spyderco for my mint GT Knives Police Tanto Automatic?

Back