jideta

Gold Member
GTC!

DSC_3366.jpg
DSC_3367.jpg
DSC_3368.jpg

What can I say?
It's nice!
Fit and finish are as expected, pretty much perfect.
If anything is wrong or off, I can't find it.
The scales have been machined so all the angles are 3D; crazy!
The solid line I would believe was taped off and media blasted, same as how he does the blades.
SLT or Spring Loaded Tab is nice; doesn't flip with the authority of a regular flipper, but the SLT does wonders for aesthetics and blade clearance.
I'm too lazy to take separate pics of the blade; the upper flat above the logo is mirror, the grind is satin, and the spine on top is an orange peel texture.

DSC_3374.jpg

The blade slims down towards the front until thickening again at the tip.
It is fairly thick for a blade only 3.25"
The frame lock is different too:

DSC_3375.jpg

I can't really see how/where it's engaging.
The SLT is the knurled part so it's locked up under there somewhere. I can't see for the lock tab is hiding behind the frame.
The spacer is anodized, maybe even timascus but I can't tell.
It's also floating; the only parts connected to the frame are at the pins.
Cecchini signs under the spacer:

DSC_3378.jpg

R. Stampede SLT 2016 CPM 154
The clip is anodized also.
Other hardware is standard GTC.
Compared to my Most Expensive Endura Ever:

DSC_3369.jpg

It's a smaller blade for me, coming in at just under 8 inches.
It feels and looks larger, which I like.

The BIG question: is it worth it?
I'm a big fan of Art Deco and that whole Streamline era and when I saw this puppy I was hooked. I wasn't quite reeled in though as it's a bit smaller than I'd like; I like my blades in the 3.5 - 4" range. I also wasn't quite sold on the blade shape, being a Wharncliffe man.
I also wasn't sold on the price!

The bait:
The scales!
It's not like there are tons of GTCs floating around and I pretty much knew I wanted one.
The SLT.
The blade is not a multi-grind like most GTC knives.
Those all lined up and I plunged.
I think in this range, you pretty much know you are in the art knife arena so there are other factors to consider when making that decision. At this price range it better be flawless or damn near close to it and I gotta say it's pretty much flawless.
Besides all the usual knife qualifiers it has to be pretty, not just to you, but for bragging rights.
There I said it.
Braggin' rights baby!
I got a GTC nani nani boo boo!
Neener neener!
Ok, is it worth it?
It's still just a tool, although a beautiful tool.
It will do the same thing my Endura will do, only with more swagger.
I suppose that's what it's all about: how high do you want to hold your nose?
Damn right it was worth it!

Last edited:
Impressive , as art you can cut stuff with . :cool:

Not something I'd carry . :(

And , I suspect ... too spendy $$$ :eek::poop:

Beautiful! I love Gus' designs, and the SLT is awesome. I have the ZT 0055, based on his Airborne. That's definitely more in my price range, but I still drool over his customs.

The blade is not a multi-grind like most GTC knives.

He does beautiful compound grinds, but that's just not for me either. Same for knives that are 100% timascus. I think yours is just about perfect! No compound grind, just a pop of color on the backspacer, and an awesome handle design.

Beautiful! I love Gus' designs, and the SLT is awesome. I have the ZT 0055, based on his Airborne. That's definitely more in my price range, but I still drool over his customs.

He does beautiful compound grinds, but that's just not for me either. Same for knives that are 100% timascus. I think yours is just about perfect! No compound grind, just a pop of color on the backspacer, and an awesome handle design.

From what I can see out there, I think his earlier work is simpler; not as much decoration.
When I looked at what was available, I had to jump on this for it checked a lot of boxes.

Back