Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

If we're showing old tools will show this old made in England wrench. When i was growing up the local councils used to have hard rubbish collections 4 times a year, you could put rubbish and junk out on the nature strip and council trucks would come along and remove it. It was heaven for us kids, we would ride around towing trailers on our bikes or pulling billy carts and grab what we could use, anything we thought we could find a use for, and any old toys or bikes were just gold. I remember one collection as me and my brothers and dad were walking from the back shed with stuff, people had already taken half the stuff we had already put out there, and old scroungers would drive around after dark sorting through the piles of rubbish. Now you get 2 a year and have to book, but people who do not want to waste one of their 2 bookings just wait till it's dark and dump their rubbish on your heap. My neighbors who used to live opposite me saw there pile multiply about 5 fold a few years ago till i set them straight, i told them don't give people a heads up. They started putting their rubbish out days before it was due to be picked up, i told them wait till the night before. Anyway last week was out having my early morning walk and found a pile of rubbish, it had some books and had a look through looking for something interesting, zilch, but spotted some things sticking out from the bottom of the heap, gold,-tools. Now what bloke can resist tools, ya can never have too many, i found this English made wrench and some spanners made in Japan. Now all you geniuses out there, can you tell me about Japanese tools, i know nothing about them, but they look like really good quality. Any way hope you all have a good weekend, and enjoy lockdown those in the " Olde Dart ".

d9ohFGJ.jpg

What a great find, and it looks good with your Lambsfoot :cool: :thumbsup:

The system when you were a kid sounds like a good system :thumbsup: Here, it's very difficult/expensive to get rid of old junk, and as a consequence, it gets dumped on the street o_O

Good Morning Guardians! We made it through another week! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is doing well, and that you're looking forward to the weekend :) I thought I'd slip my ebony '18 in my pocket today, for a change :thumbsup:

pC6AgpS.jpg

What a great find, and it looks good with your Lambsfoot :cool: :thumbsup:

The system when you were a kid sounds like a good system :thumbsup: Here, it's very difficult/expensive to get rid of old junk, and as a consequence, it gets dumped on the street o_O

Good Morning Guardians! We made it through another week! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is doing well, and that you're looking forward to the weekend :) I thought I'd slip my ebony '18 in my pocket today, for a change :thumbsup:

pC6AgpS.jpg
Good choice for your carry today in lieu of the HHB Jack. My wife and I just got back from our short vacation to the mountains:thumbsup:; just in time for my infusion:thumbsdown:. Good thing is that my trips to the hospital are brief and relatively uneventful:D.

Good morning Guardians, Hope you all have a great weekend.
IMG_2686.JPG

Good choice for your carry today in lieu of the HHB Jack. My wife and I just got back from our short vacation to the mountains:thumbsup:; just in time for my infusion:thumbsdown:. Good thing is that my trips to the hospital are brief and relatively uneventful:D.

View attachment 1437984

Thank you Bill, no doubt my Barlow will be back in my pocket tomorrow :rolleyes: I gave the ebony '18 a strop and sharpen, and it's been helping me out with a few chores in the garden. I also had a couple of pals call round, and as one of them was asking about my Kelly Kettle, I made us all a brew out there, while we chewed the fat :thumbsup: I hope you had a lovely vacation, and I'm glad to hear those other trips are brief my friend :( Nice pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

AN0rRlm.jpg

Some years ago, on a wet and windy day in Fort William, in the Highlands of Scotland, I visited the small West Highland Museum. They were selling off a few old photos to raise money, and I bought the one below. I love the expressions on the men's faces, particularly the radge in the centre, who looks like he's eyeing up a tourist for a daein', or about to have a 'square go' with the main radge from the next village! :eek: They are in fact about to embark on the 1900 Ben Nevis Race :D

Ve7Zjrk.jpg
I like those guys racing with sticks- I just noticed them.
dwveE1Y.jpg

That's one I keep meaning to slip back in my pocket Kevin :) If only it weren't for this darn Barlow! :rolleyes:;) :thumbsup:

Hey, where's the HHB?!! ;):D
These ebony '18s are so well built and just plain ol' good lookin'. This'n has been with me most of the week and it is going in my pocket again today.
50492997402_3f35cd35ad_h.jpg

If we're showing old tools will show this old made in England wrench. When i was growing up the local councils used to have hard rubbish collections 4 times a year, you could put rubbish and junk out on the nature strip and council trucks would come along and remove it. It was heaven for us kids, we would ride around towing trailers on our bikes or pulling billy carts and grab what we could use, anything we thought we could find a use for, and any old toys or bikes were just gold. I remember one collection as me and my brothers and dad were walking from the back shed with stuff, people had already taken half the stuff we had already put out there, and old scroungers would drive around after dark sorting through the piles of rubbish. Now you get 2 a year and have to book, but people who do not want to waste one of their 2 bookings just wait till it's dark and dump their rubbish on your heap. My neighbors who used to live opposite me saw there pile multiply about 5 fold a few years ago till i set them straight, i told them don't give people a heads up. They started putting their rubbish out days before it was due to be picked up, i told them wait till the night before. Anyway last week was out having my early morning walk and found a pile of rubbish, it had some books and had a look through looking for something interesting, zilch, but spotted some things sticking out from the bottom of the heap, gold,-tools. Now what bloke can resist tools, ya can never have too many, i found this English made wrench and some spanners made in Japan. Now all you geniuses out there, can you tell me about Japanese tools, i know nothing about them, but they look like really good quality. Any way hope you all have a good weekend, and enjoy lockdown those in the " Olde Dart ".

d9ohFGJ.jpg
That's how I used to get all my lamps and bookcases. I'm too paranoid about bedbugs nowadays.
Around here, we have a semi-annual "bulky pick up week" for large items like furniture that won't fit in the regular trash cans. The city sends out mailers a few weeks in advance, because the neighborhood schedules aren't posted online, in order to cut down on professional scrap metal scavengers. I once dragged an old rusted-out BBQ smoker from my back yard to the front curb for pick up. As I came around the side of the house I realized there was a nest of wasps in it that were disturbed and swarming around. They were the slow red kind, so I decided the best thing to do was to keep moving. I got it out to the street and ran back inside without getting stung. Started to worry for the sanitation workers who'd be picking it up in the morning, so I figured I'd wait until they'd settled back down and spray it with wasp killer. The smoker was gone within a few hours. :eek:
Last Spring's pick up was cancelled due to Covid, so whenever our next one is will be a doozy!

Have a great day, everyone!
gZ7Lvfp.jpg

We have used Taaka vodka for cleaning and disinfecting. But of course I am teasing you a little. :p
How was the medical visit?

Vince Prester John Prester John - The visit with the doctors went great. They gave me a very thorough going over and then asked the "Big Question" - Are you going to want lower teeth? I told them no, I was actually doing quite well with eating and that my "swallow was working fine. They then said "Okay" and that if that was the case, they didn't need to do the surgical trimming:thumbsup: to fit a dental plate.:)

I've finally figured out how to eat a hamburger or sandwich with no lower teeth.:eek: I put the hamburger or sandwich in my mouth, hold it against my lower gum, bite down half way with my upper teeth, chew/gum it, swallow, turn it over and do the same with the bottom half of the hamburger or sandwich,:rolleyes: and then go to step one for the next bite.;) Kinda slow going but what the heck - I'm doing okay.:thumbsup:

I've been so busy lately what with going on my journey to Portland, OR that I can't remember if I wished you a happy birthday so a belated Birthday Wish to you.

I'm carrying this custom covered Standard Lambfoot by @Signalprick today. It always puts me in a good mood and makes me happy when I carry and use it. Jason picked out some really nice Snakewood for the job.
aYm2amZ.jpg

Last edited:
Vince Prester John Prester John - The visit with the doctors went great. They gave me a very thorough going over and then asked the "Big Question" - Are you going to want lower teeth? I told them no, I was actually doing quite well with eating and that my "swallow was working fine. They then said "Okay" and that if that was the case, they didn't need to do the surgical trimming:thumbsup: to fit a dental plate.:)

I've finally figured out how to eat a hamburger or sandwich with no lower teeth.:eek: I put the hamburger or sandwich in my mouth, hold it against my lower gum, bite down half way with my upper teeth, chew/gum it, swallow, turn it over and do the same with the bottom half of the hamburger or sandwich,:rolleyes: and then go to step one for the next bite.;) Kinda slow going but what the heck - I'm doing okay.:thumbsup:

I've been so busy lately what with going on my journey to Portland, OR that I can't remember if I wished you a happy birthday so a belated Birthday Wish to you.

I'm carrying this custom covered Standard Lambfoot by @Signalprick today. It always puts me in a good mood and makes me happy when I carry and use it.
aYm2amZ.jpg
Glad it went well, and thanks for the birthday wish. Hope you have a great weekend, Ed.

You too mate, good to see you on the porch.;)
Thanks, Leon! It's always good to see everyone else here!:):thumbsup:
How're things with you Dennis, hope you're managing OK my friend, it's great to have you here?
Thank you, Jack! I do miss the interaction here!:):thumbsup:
Any way hope you all have a good weekend, and enjoy lockdown those in the " Olde Dart ".

d9ohFGJ.jpg
Cool Tool. You can never have too many "classics ".:cool::thumbsup:
Hope everyone is doing well, and that you're looking forward to the weekend :) I thought I'd slip my ebony '18 in my pocket today, for a change :thumbsup:

pC6AgpS.jpg
Great shot, Jack! Any fishing in the streem?;)
Nice photo, José.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1437984
Good for you guys Bill! (but not the infusion!) We are trying to get away for a couple of weeks camping, first time we've gone anywhere in about 3 years. Then come back in time for an iron infusion.:mad:

Nice photo, Bill!:cool::thumbsup:
Nice pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

AN0rRlm.jpg
A great Fall Foto of your Lovely Lamb! :D:thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
VGeOnfy.jpg
A good looking, well worn HHB, Vince!:cool::thumbsup:
This'n has been with me most of the week and it is going in my pocket again today.
50492997402_3f35cd35ad_h.jpg
It's the simple things that help make a good day!:thumbsup:
Been getting in any forging in? The weather has turned perfect here for it.:cool:
Happy Friday Guardians :)

8fkhzL7.jpg
A lovely photo, Dan! For some reason, it makes me think of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn!:)
Last Spring's pick up was cancelled due to Covid, so whenever our next one is will be a doozy!

Have a great day, everyone!
gZ7Lvfp.jpg
"Rock Steady" Cool shot, Rachel! Is that a railroad plate underneath the rock?
:cool::thumbsup:

I'll have to catch up on the ones that have came in this morning since I started it.

The last harvest of the year from the garden, and Big'un was at hand to help!

GDwsGun.jpg

Have a great weekend all!:):thumbsup:

TGIF everyone!!
Since I have tacit permission, here is a picture of my 2-blade Joseph Rodgers with the secondary showing for completeness!!
Since we don't see a lot of 2-blade Lambsfoot knives, let me encourage those who have one to please show us! Please post yours!!:)A square JR 6.jpg A square JR 7.jpg A square JR 8.jpg A square JR 9.jpg
The pen blade is almost fine enough to cut a nib for ones quill pen!!:eek::D

Having some problems with my internet here tonight Guardians, and I can only get online on my phone :( I'll be out early in the morning for a hike, but I'll try and catch up when I get back. Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

Thanks, Leon! It's always good to see everyone else here!:):thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! I do miss the interaction here!:):thumbsup:

Cool Tool. You can never have too many "classics ".:cool::thumbsup:

Great shot, Jack! Any fishing in the streem?;)

Nice photo, José.:thumbsup:

Good for you guys Bill! (but not the infusion!) We are trying to get away for a couple of weeks camping, first time we've gone anywhere in about 3 years. Then come back in time for an iron infusion.:mad:

Nice photo, Bill!:cool::thumbsup:

A great Fall Foto of your Lovely Lamb! :D:thumbsup:

A good looking, well worn HHB, Vince!:cool::thumbsup:

It's the simple things that help make a good day!:thumbsup:
Been getting in any forging in? The weather has turned perfect here for it.:cool:

A lovely photo, Dan! For some reason, it makes me think of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn!:)

:cool::thumbsup:

I'll have to catch up on the ones that have came in this morning since I started it.

The last harvest of the year from the garden, and Big'un was at hand to help!

GDwsGun.jpg

Have a great weekend all!:):thumbsup:
Good to see you, Dennis. Nice shot of the knife with peppers. Just bought a couple of jalapeños myself.

:cool:
Yes, it is. A friend dropped it off on my porch, with vague plans to mount it on a stump for hammering, I think. I just use it for photo backgrounds.
xvIwEwbl.jpg

6PPZIL4l.jpg

Enjoy those peppers!
TGIF everyone!!
Since I have tacit permission, here is a picture of my 2-blade Joseph Rodgers with the secondary showing for completeness!!
Since we don't see a lot of 2-blade Lambsfoot knives, let me encourage those who have one to please show us! Please post yours!!:)View attachment 1438147 View attachment 1438148 View attachment 1438149 View attachment 1438150
The pen blade is almost fine enough to cut a nib for ones quill pen!!:eek::D
I like the long narrow shape of the pen; it complements the lambsfoot nicely.

Good afternoon Guardians! I’ve been slacking the last several days. Spent a lot of time in the pool and whirlpool. After all we are on vacation! ;) I’ve been carrying Big Eb pretty much all week. I thought I’d catch y’all up on a few photos! Hope y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

50478833128_3e983a88c1_o_d.jpg

50479542956_49b0620b45_b_d.jpg

50479933298_47429e63f7_b_d.jpg

50480647751_43497dc866_b_d.jpg

50480795772_3ec395f0d2_b_d.jpg

50480647646_2531f0ef8d_b_d.jpg

50495754672_42b5b69cbc_b_d.jpg

Back