Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

LOL! :D Yeah, LOADS of them have opened over the past 10 or 15 years here too, but they're all run by skinny hipsters, with fake prisons tattoos, and oiled beards, or waxed moustaches, who charge the best part of £50 for a trim, so they can dress like they actually do a hard day's work, rather than sitting around drinking 'skinny latte's, and swapping moustache stories with their fellow hipsters :rolleyes: Just sayin'! 🤣 ;):thumbsup:

Sure is a beauty :) :thumbsup:

Cool patina Mitch :) How do you find that shaver? I might treat Wolfie. He has been wet-shaving his head, virtually every day since he was 14. Apparently, prior to that, he had both the hairline, and the hair, of Art Garfunkel in the 70's! 🤣:thumbsup:

🤣:thumbsup:

I'm glad you had a good day buddy :) Charlie Lamb is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Kids never stop! :D :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is doing OK. I don't know what on earth was up with my internet signal last night, but I had to give up in the end :rolleyes: Despite the poor weather here yesterday, I didn't have such a bad day, and got a bunch of errands and jobs done. The guy who runs the small Tunisian place in the market, has been away visiting his folks for a couple of weeks, and so, even before midday, he was struggling to keep up with demand. I didn't think I was going to get a table at first! :D The African greengrocer, with the stall next door, from an earlier, and hungrier, wave of immigration, thinks his neighbour is a fool for closing his business for 2 weeks, and not shy about speaking his mind! :D I don't know if anyone remembers the photos I posted, a few months ago, of a suspicious fire that broke out at an old house, on Leeds' oldest streets. They were supposed to be doing work to preserve it, but I never saw any evidence of it, and conveniently, (for both landlord, Council, and developer), it has now collapsed, which is a great shame :( Unfortunately, I had left home without my camera, but took a few pics on my phone. The photos take me back to being a kid, when I used to see entire streets like that, that were bombed by the Luftwaffe. They were my playground! :eek:

It's raining here, yet again, at the moment :rolleyes: I have plenty of stuff to do indoors, but could do with going into town later, if I get time. Carrying my Hartshead Barlow :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

🤣
Yep most definitely hipster venues, we are definitely not the demographic aimed at.
They can't be all bad, this tradie had a good sleep. About 20 minutes away from me.

The pitbull is very good, very convenient. I used to always wet razor shave, tried different electric shavers over the years. I like I can dry shave in the bedroom, I don't get allocated a lot of time in the bathroom these days. You don't get as close a shave as with a wet razor. Saying that, with the pitbull you can wet shave with it or even use in the shower.

Looks like the owner wanted to develop the property 🤨

🤣
Yep most definitely hipster venues, we are definitely not the demographic aimed at.
They can't be all bad, this tradie had a good sleep. About 20 minutes away from me.
🤣 🤣 :thumbsup:
The pitbull is very good, very convenient. I used to always wet razor shave, tried different electric shavers over the years. I like I can dry shave in the bedroom, I don't get allocated a lot of time in the bathroom these days. You don't get as close a shave as with a wet razor. Saying that, with the pitbull you can wet shave with it or even use in the shower.
Thanks Mitch, I've seen them advertised, but it's good to get some genuine feedback :thumbsup: I'll have to check Wolfie hasn't got one first, but I'm pretty sure he wet shaves his noggin, and his missus is as tight as a camel's backside in a sandstorm! :D :thumbsup:
Looks like the owner wanted to develop the property 🤨
Yeah, that street was neglected, and semi-derelict for years, but then, 15 years back, some generous grants became available, and now it's thriving with bars and businesses :rolleyes: The buildings at the top of the street got torched just at the start of that, which conveniently made room for a new office development, which is still empty 🧐

Definitely my most carried lambsfoot.
kqPqdli.jpg

LOL! :D Yeah, LOADS of them have opened over the past 10 or 15 years here too, but they're all run by skinny hipsters, with fake prisons tattoos, and oiled beards, or waxed moustaches, who charge the best part of £50 for a trim, so they can dress like they actually do a hard day's work, rather than sitting around drinking 'skinny latte's, and swapping moustache stories with their fellow hipsters :rolleyes: Just sayin'! 🤣 ;):thumbsup:

Sure is a beauty :) :thumbsup:

Cool patina Mitch :) How do you find that shaver? I might treat Wolfie. He has been wet-shaving his head, virtually every day since he was 14. Apparently, prior to that, he had both the hairline, and the hair, of Art Garfunkel in the 70's! 🤣:thumbsup:

🤣:thumbsup:

I'm glad you had a good day buddy :) Charlie Lamb is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Kids never stop! :D :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is doing OK. I don't know what on earth was up with my internet signal last night, but I had to give up in the end :rolleyes: Despite the poor weather here yesterday, I didn't have such a bad day, and got a bunch of errands and jobs done. The guy who runs the small Tunisian place in the market, has been away visiting his folks for a couple of weeks, and so, even before midday, he was struggling to keep up with demand. I didn't think I was going to get a table at first! :D The African greengrocer, with the stall next door, from an earlier, and hungrier, wave of immigration, thinks his neighbour is a fool for closing his business for 2 weeks, and not shy about speaking his mind! :D I don't know if anyone remembers the photos I posted, a few months ago, of a suspicious fire that broke out at an old house, on Leeds' oldest streets. They were supposed to be doing work to preserve it, but I never saw any evidence of it, and conveniently, (for both landlord, Council, and developer), it has now collapsed, which is a great shame :( Unfortunately, I had left home without my camera, but took a few pics on my phone. The photos take me back to being a kid, when I used to see entire streets like that, that were bombed by the Luftwaffe. They were my playground! :eek:

It's raining here, yet again, at the moment :rolleyes: I have plenty of stuff to do indoors, but could do with going into town later, if I get time. Carrying my Hartshead Barlow :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

That's sad about yet another historic lot of older Houses disappearing Jack :-(

Those Fantails seem to like your Hartshead Jack- Those Kiwi Natives have good taste eh!

Hope you are feeling a lot better!

Evening all.
Had to drop Lorna off at charlestown at friends work. They were going to a concert tonight. Pandemonium tour. A lot of us here would probably have enjoyed. The headlines include Blondie and Alice Cooper.

Anyway it was across the road from my favourite spot.
LOL! :D My mate Matt went to see Alice Cooper a couple of years back! :D Enjoy your coffee Mitch :) :thumbsup:
That's sad about yet another historic lot of older Houses disappearing Jack :-(
Yes, the developers who built that new office block, on the site of Leeds first White Cloth Hall, even had the cheek to claim a heritage grant! 🤨
Those Fantails seem to like your Hartshead Jack- Those Kiwi Natives have good taste eh!
Thanks a lot pal, they sure do :D :) :thumbsup:
Hope you are feeling a lot better!
Thank you Duncan, at least I'm not feeling any worse :D ;) :thumbsup:

Hope I didn’t miss too much. I have been away for a couple days. A nice day off today. Got some stuff done around the yard. Charlie lamb was in the pocket today.

Sy1rccl.jpeg

Beauty !

Afternoon all,
Needed my hat, I got talked into washing Lilly's car, it was filthy too.

& Can you guess what I had for late lunch😉

No wonder Bobstag has got such a nice patina !

That's too bad !

Have a good adventure Jack 😁👍

My first lambsfoot and wow do I really like this I-XL. Loving the redwood handle and the feel of this lambsfoot in hand, blade edge could use a bit of a touch up, just a few a passes on the stone oughta do it.

20240423_075523.jpg

20240423_075542.jpg

I will probably get the buffalo barlow lambsfoot next.

Last edited:
Have a good adventure Jack 😁👍
Thanks pal, it was distinctly unadventurous! :D :thumbsup:
My first lambsfoot and wow do I really like this I-XL. Loving the redwood handle and the feel of this lambsfoot in hand, blade edge could use a bit of a touch up, just a few a passes on the stone oughta do it.

View attachment 2557096

View attachment 2557097

I will probably get the buffalo barlow lambsfoot next.
Welcome to the Guardians :) That's a great-looking Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians !

Joseph Rodgers for Two blade Tuesday 👍

That is an absolute dream of a Lamb Steve :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Also a two-blade for me today.

D5R6H3c.jpg
I like the Lambsfoot blade Jeff ;) :thumbsup:
I’ve got this one in my pocket today.

IMG-3761.jpg
Fantastic :) :thumbsup:
View attachment 2557152
Figured an American made British pattern would be a good carry for reading this book
I picked this one up, to take with me to Crete, yesterday. I dare say a few folks remember the movie :thumbsup:

Sounds like my Christmas accent! :D

Happy Double Mike Myers Day! :D :thumbsup:
11 pages to catch up on, but been driving an awful lot. Tuesday should be a good day for my TEW.

Sounds a bit dire for some farmers over there, Jack. Sorry to hear that.
E7-DB258-F-92-F0-4792-A1-E2-67-C9-A8-C40299.jpg
Good to see you Jeff, and your TEW :) I hope things get easier for you mate :thumbsup:

Yeah, been a long time since British farmers were making hay...so to speak :rolleyes: Thanks Jeff :thumbsup:

My internet connection has gone from bad to worse, I must have been trying to post this for over an hour! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hello Guardians! I realize that it has been quite some time since I have been around here, and it has definitely been a loss for me. I'm trying to get caught up with things at work, home, here and everything else! I've had a lot of things going on in my life recently, but (knock on wood) I think it's getting back to normal :D
I've been carrying my HHB most every day, but I haven't been using it much because it's just so darn beautiful! 😍

HHB7.jpg

HHB8.jpg

I keep waiting for spring to show itself around here, but it's being stubborn!

Back