"perfect beer".:}

Mmmmmmm......Guinness....
biggrin.gif

------------------
"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm."
RFrost5746@excite.com

My Knives

[This message has been edited by rfrost (edited 11-07-2000).]

Tom mayo,I agree! Bushmill's is the best whisky in the world.
Q;You know why the Irish drink?
A:To keep from taking over the world!
;}

BARF!!!!!! Guinness is rotgut, Drinking old dirty oil from a WWII duece tastes better
smile.gif
smile.gif

blasphemy!!!!!!!! dude me and cormac are going to track you down and pull your balls off.........thru your throat!
frown.gif
after a few minutes I have calmed down...maybe that was a little harsh...take it back or else!

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 10-10-2000).]

Tom,

Your rage was justified. How can anyone NOT like the elixir of the Gods?

There's only two things I can think of that are better than Guinness and Strider Knives is the other one.
wink.gif

------------------
Brian_T
brianthornburg@home.com

Nice try Tom, but the wife keeps them in her bed side table for that special ocassion
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Guinness still looks and tastes like old diesel oil. Budwiser is the true elixer of the Gods!!!!

However a shot or 4 of Jamieson is always welcome.

OK, It takes a lot to draw me out into the open like this but here I am. Let me start by
establishing my credentials as an expert in the field. For 23 years of my life I could smell the St. James Gate brewery as I walked out the front door of my house. I worked there for a short time, but that was like a moth flying too close to the flame. I played rugby on the brewery team for 10 years. I have for the last 20 years, on special occasions, in moderation, enjoyed the odd pint of perfection both from the source and many other locations around the world.
Now when I hear people malign my beloved beverage I am saddened. I understand that
these people do this out of ignorance. They haven’t had the same opportunities growing
up that I had, and as adults have chosen not to educate themselves by traveling to the
source or to one of the few establishments that care enough to pass the joy of Guinness to their customers. No, instead they go to some sports bar where they order a Guinness from a selection of 752 other draft beers which also have being laying in the lines for a fortnight. They then watch as some future actor or actress single pours it into a Ice coated tankard or worse still a pitcher while showing there creative side and knowledge of Irish culture by putting a four leaf clover on top.It is a sad but all to common story, but you can be helped. Seek out bars that are owned by Irishmen and patronized by Micks. Or travel to Dublin where you will be healed. Remember that the answer is not to mix other beers into your Guinness so you sit there with a trendy two tone beer named after a British army unit who raped and pillaged innocent Irish people in the1920’s. The only thing that belongs in your pint is your face.
As for my friend the Budwiser drinker, please please get profesional help.
As for whiskey...... don’t get me started.

[This message has been edited by CORMAC (edited 10-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by CORMAC (edited 10-11-2000).]

Guiness isn't too bad, Murphy's a tad better, but Beamish is the real thing...

All three are better than Budweiser.

Harry

[This message has been edited by Kozak (edited 10-11-2000).]

All I can say with what little Irish blood flows in my veins (great grandpappy & grandma were from Limerick) that Guinness is somthing you must develoup a taste for.

I've had it in a couple of Denver pubs that are as Irish as you can get around here and ICK!!!! It's not much better out of a can. However on St Paddie's day that's all I'll drink, not the crappy green tainted garbage.

However, one day I want to travel to the old country, meet my relatives and expercience a real Irish pub.

Cormac,I hate Black and tans,the damn
Bass screws up a great stout {yuk!}
But A half&half made with Guinness/Murphys
cannot be beat! {Dont like Harp,Irish Budweiser}I get mine in an Irish pub in
St Augustine called Murphys the owner is
from Ireland check it out someday!
BTW everybody FYI its GUINNESS & JAMESON :)

Try Sam Adams for a real American beer{Boston Ale}.Bud tastes like watered down alka-seltzer and there is nothing like Guinness after a five mile run!!!!!
tongue.gif

Guinness from a can is about the most awful stuff you could possibly drink. The reason, it has been "pasteurized" (says it on the can). This process is supposed to kill bacterias and others germs and is standard for milk. It is done by heating the product in question to over 180°F. In other words, the Guinness in the can is boiled beer. Yieks!

For the true Guinness experience it should be fresh from the tap and served at room temperature. Only then will you encounter the true "grave" (as in tombestone) taste
biggrin.gif

ANY beer from a can is not worth drinking.. unless maybe you are out in the desert and theres nothing else available.

How about educating me on the finner points of Irish drink!!

I'm one of those slobs that grew up on PBR, Coors and Bud. Now I'm a wanting to try some old world beer's and whiskeys.

What Irish brew would you recommend for a pale ale type of guy and what's the best method of drinking it??

PS...personally I detest all beer that comes in a can However, that was the only Guinness I could find. Now I can get it in a bottle.

you want irish beer and alcohol?
if your ever in new orleans,theres this irish pub,completely authentic.irish beer,whiskey,food,music,everyhting.

o'flahery's irish pub
514 tulouse st.(french quarter)
new orleans,la

i used to row currachs(these are basically irish rowboats) with one of the guys that owns the place,and my mother was buisness manager there for a while.

one side is a bar,the other is a music hall (family atmosphere;before i actually moved there i went several times on vacation as a child),gift shop,court yard.upstairs is "dun angus",another,quieter bar type area.

like i said,this is a very comfortable place,friendly people working there,good music.excellent.

Originally posted by Kozak:
Guiness isn't too bad, Murphy's a tad better, but Beamish is the real thing...

Aahhhhh... another Beamish fan.

I agree with Cormac... you just haven't tasted the real thing, Guiness or Beamish, unless and until you have tasted it in its motherland. Both are truly heavenly elixers. Murphys is a decent second. Budweiser? Hmmmm.... Not even in the same league. It is a good drink, alright. But, comparing it to Guiness or Beamish is like saying Welch's grape juice is a good wine.

------------------
iktomi

guinness for strength

------------------
-------------------------

"if i had had more time, i would have written more briefly"

Back