Recommendation? Gun belts? Hanks, klik, core?

Hey guys. I currently own a kore belt and a klik belt. Each has their pros and cons.

I love the klik 2 ply because of the quality and cobra buckle, but it loosens a bit. They offer a velcro option but I'm unsure how long it'll last.

The kore belt I love because it's stiff, ratchets easily so you can get that perfect fit but what I don't like is that the buckle can be uncomfortable or hard to undo with heavy clothing on.

Hanks belts look very appealing but I don't know how they do with adjustment, wear and tear and comfort. I was looking at the xtreme belt.

Who has experience with any of these? Opinions? I carry both full size & sub compact.

I do landscaping and property management in all types of weather. I get sweaty and dirty often, lifting, bending, crawling, etc. so my belts see a lot of activity. Additionally, how "rigid" someone needs their carry belt might be different per individual and related to what and how they are carrying. For me, once the belt shows a significant "bend" in the area I am carrying I switch... it might be related to the fact that my EDC has a shorter barrel, and therefore has more of a tendency to twist out on the top of the belt... or possibly my belly pudge. I don't know if the single clip for the holster also affects this.

I have a Hank's Gunner belt. It's thick and good quality. However, I wore it for years before I started carrying and it had started to soften and stretch by that time so I don't use it for carrying now. It's still a good quality belt, but after years of use and abuse it's too worn in for rigid support. Additionally, the thickness is an issue with some other things I like to put on my belt like my phone holster... especially in the area of belt overlap.

I used a Kore leather gun belt for almost three years before I noticed that it started to stretch in the area of carry (plastic core started to bend outwards in that area). I'm currently trying their nylon version and hope to get a few extra years out of it, as some report the nylon version holds up better... we'll see. If the Kore belt buckle is new to you, you might find that you get used to it quickly and soon it will seem easy to make those adjustments. You just need to move it 1/16" or so to lessen the strain on te racheting mechanism when you are trying to loosen it under heavy clothing.

I also occasionally use a Galco belt and an Emissary EDC Belt from Ciguera Gear Company. They have traditional belt loops so they're basically set and forget. If I were to choose just one for more active duties, I'd chose the Emissary. However, the Kore is the most convenient for me, as the adjustability makes it more convenient for different carry options, different activities, etc. It is my most worn belt. I also bought another leather version for when I'm not doing more labor intensive activities.

Although I know that some people say their belts last for years and years and years, it's my understanding that it's not uncommon to replace a good quailty CC leather belt every 3 years or so (if worn everyday). I guess it depends on how you expect the belt to behave, and how it works with your gear and activity. Once I notice a significant outward bend wear the holster sits, it means I print more, and I'll replace it. If you read through some of the reviews, even the metal cored belts will do this over time.

Last edited:
The Crosbreed holsters belt is excellent quality if you wanna check that one out.

Last edited:
I just got a Hanks a couple of weeks ago to have an easier to adjust alternative to my velcro/cobra buckle belt. Really loving it so far - it's comfortable, seems plenty stiff enough (although I carry IWB) and I love being able to just take my gun off and tighten it a few notches instead of having to change my pants!

I've owned hanks belts for over 2 years now, starting with one of their cheaper belts, the gunner. I've worn it everyday to work during that 2 year time span, and it's held up beautifully. I'm very far from easy on it, it's constantly having boxes, pallets, whatever rubbed up against the belt, and drenched in sweat. Since then I've bought another 5-6 belts with different/better/thicker leathers, and I cannot say enough good things about them. If you're purely looking for a hanks belt as a gun belt, I'd try one with a steel core. I'll post an image below. The one all the way on the left is my "beat up" work belt, its not really beat up considering the abuse it's faced.

JnT1clr.jpeg

What width belts do you buys wear, and in what type of pants? In winter I typically wear Wrangler jeans and I think a 1.75" belt would work for those. In summer I wear a variety of shorts which may or may not work with 1.75" belts, but I frequently use a pocket holster with shorts.

A Mitch Rosen belt is the best gun belt I've ever owned. The Crossbreed is one I regret buying. It's a sub par belt.

I have a Bigfoot steel core heavy gun belt. Wear it daily. Works with jeans and nearly every suit.

I wear a Hybrid by BlueAlphaGear. It works amazingly well and it’s the core belt for my war belt. So, it’s perfect whether I’m carrying my P365 or or any of my full size pistols. It’s a fabric belt, though, so if you need a dress belt, you’ll need something else. However, when I have to put on a suit I’m only going to carry my P365 so I don’t need the kind of stiffness and structure for that light a gun. I can rock that P365 in just about any belt, as long as I’m not carrying a sidecar holster. I don’t need some special “gun belt” for that carry.

I really like my Blue Alpha belt too. I have a plastic buckle style that is now discontinued, but would go with the low profile version to replace it. If I needed a more traditional looking belt, I'd go with one of the ratcheting style. Micro or infinite adjustment is a must for me now.

I have a galco and couple crossbreeds I got on sale and few other brands. none are very impressive or do all that well. they are okay if thats all ya got.

i been using agcustomleather for awhile and had him make me a double horsehide and its been indestructible. I also have some of his bullhide ones I wear daily and they've held up for more than a decade so far. I prefer the 1 1/2" personally. long ago his prices were very good for the quality but times change and I havent checked lately as im still using the old ones I got from him long ago.

I dont know the brands your asking about op, never had so can't comment on those.

Beltman was extremely popular when I got into guns about fifteen years ago. Looks like he is still in business. I have a beautiful belt he made for me years ago that I basically never used because I got an office job where I could not carry. You should check out his website

I'm on year 3 with a bullhide steel core. Pretty happy with it though I don't carry a handgun on my person every day.

I wear a Hanks everyday at work I carry a radio and off work I have a Glock on my belt when not at work . May be a G42 one day and a G20 the next

I 2nd Mitch Rosen leather gear. Another belt I have that is absolutely the toughest belt I've ever owned is a conveyor belt-belt. I forget who makes it cause its not in front of me at the moment but trust me in a ton of wearing over the years it shows little wear and is stiff as the day I purchased it. stay safe

Back