Gun case question.

I am looking for a soft case into which I plan to put my Glock 21, a couple of extra mags, a fixed blade, a can of OC spray and my daily planner. Sort of an "Oh crap" grab and go bag that I can grab when I get out of the cruiser and into my truck or go in the house or whatever. So far, I've found one bag that is perfect. A local gunstore has some of the cases that H/K Mark 23's come in, but they are $100 just for the case. I figure there has to be something similar for a little less money. Any suggestions?

I had a similar quandary recently and found the answer at a local book store. It's a nylon case made by "Readables" and it's made to fit a book on one side and a 5x8" pad of paper. There is a nylon mess pocket inside one half and has various slash pockets for doo-dads. I picked it up for $9 at "Books-a-Million", which is a B&N clone. And I even got it in Hunter Green.
smile.gif

It measures 9 1/2 x 6 1/2 x 3". It holds a "G", an extra pac-set battery, cell phone, Surefire 6P, a pad of paper, various pens and markers, extra business cards and any other small item I happen to need that day.

I showed it to a friend who flipped out over the idea and did one better. She went to a local "Family Book Store" and got one that says "Holy Bible" across the front. I need a new one now.
smile.gif

John Hollister

What about getting a decent but inexpensive breifcase, and cutting up some foam rubber and gluing inside it.
If you get the foam about 2" thick you could glue a full sheet in the top, and bottom. Then cut holes in another sheet in the shape of your gun, knife, whatever else and glue that to the bottom on top of the first sheet. That way you have foam to hold everyhting in place, and its got hard sides to protect it all. I just did the same thing with a small craftsmen tool box to carry some 2 way radios around in.

------------------
We got a five dollar fine for whining
We tell you before you come in
So if it ain't on your mind to have a good time
Y'all come back and see us again.- Chris LeDoux

Back