Gun show....

Went to the Wannemacher Tulsa Arms Show on Saturday. As usual, WRKT was one of my first stops. Normally, I spend some time looking at the knives, and talking to John and Susan, but this time I knew exactly what I was looking for. Instead of looking for a deal on a B-stock piece, I went straight to the Hunter, in Magnacut, with natural burlap Micarta handle. It's a very nice size for when I might want something other than a Sendero Classic, and a quite respectable introduction to Magnacut. I'm also waiting on a leather sheath for it.

I also made a Randall dealer very happy by purchasing a VG+ Al Mar Shiva, with a brown canvas Micarta handle, and an unsharpened swedge. Both of the gentlemen at the table shook my hand, not just for buying it, but for knowing exactly what it is, and why it was priced as it was, and because they knew it was going home with someone who can truly appreciate it, and not another dealer, or a flipper. But, now I need another one, the original, in black Micarta, with the sharpened swedge.

John knows the Hunter is also going to a good home. Most knifemakers love to see their work being used for its intended purpose, cutting stuff. And after almost 5 years of EDC, the contrasty black and maple Richlite handle of my first Sendero Classic has turned a dark two toned brown, looking more like a hardwood. So much so, that John originally mistook it for Snakewood. Very cool, in my book!

Good people, great tools, happy customer!

Up to 5 now, and counting....

Back