Gunhammer inbound

I will be receiving a Gunhammer Torpedo assist S90V hopefully on Monday. Looking forward to this knife a lot. Does any one have any experience, problems, words of wisdom that has to do with this model?
Pics would be awesome too!

I have the forum Gunhammer with the torpedo blade. It's a well made knife. Feels great in the hand. Only thing I have an issue with is that you can cut yourself with the blade closed in a couple of places due to the close blade to handle ratio used in the design.

Wow! Thats not good. Ive heard of that, Ive also heard that it varies from knife to knife.
I have the forum Gunhammer with the torpedo blade. It's a well made knife. Feels great in the hand. Only thing I have an issue with is that you can cut yourself with the blade closed in a couple of places due to the close blade to handle ratio used in the design.

Pretty easy fix if yours happens to be like that. I personally like the blade-to-handle ratio. I'm not a fan of designs like the Spydie Para2 in which you have a giant handle for a blade that looks tiny. Just looks off to me.

What would the fix entail, would I need to send back to HTM?
Pretty easy fix if yours happens to be like that. I personally like the blade-to-handle ratio. I'm not a fan of designs like the Spydie Para2 in which you have a giant handle for a blade that looks tiny. Just looks off to me.

Nope. Just use a sharpening rod to knock down the bottom corner of the edge so it's curved instead of pointy. That's the part that bites you. For that matter, you can resharpen it too if you really want that 1/32" of cutting edge.

Just like all knives, handle it with care. Mine comes close to the end, but I cannot physically get any amount of meat in the to cut myself. It would be very, very difficult to do with my S90V Forum Knife, if not impossible. I haven't tried to stick my ear or tongue in it, though :cool:

My sample is so smooth, more so than any other flipper I own. Its not totally perfect aesthetically but mechanically its a really great tool. It locks up with a wicked snap and I cannot force any play in any direction. The handles are a bit chunky, and short, but its a supremely comfortable knife for prolonged use.

Not sure the forum knife was worth it the price, but I'm glad I own it. Feels like it could survive a nuclear bomb.

IMG_1769.jpgJust got it in the mail, I like it! The tip is a bit close to the end but not so much that it will cut me. It came tip up & missing a clip screw though. I thought they all shipped tip down? No worries, I emailed the seller, hopefully they will ship me a new screw. It could use bit of a touch up on the edge but nothing I cant live with. Its smaller than I expected but the width gives it a nice comfortable grip. Cant wait to start carrying it!!!IMG_1770.jpgIMG_1771.jpgIMG_1772.jpg

Back