Gunting Seminar - Vancouver, BC. Nov. 9/10

Warrior North is sponsoring Bram Frank for a two day Tactical Knife / Martial Blade Craft (MBC) seminar in Richmond (Vancouver), BC, Canada. All skill levels are welcome.

Enrollment will be limited to 30 participants.

Dates/Times:
Saturday, November 9th: 0900-1600 hours
Sunday, November 10th: 1000-1700 hours

Watermania (Near Steveston Hwy. and Hwy. 99)
Room A - 14300 Entertainment Way
Richmond, BC, V6E 1C3
Canada
604.448.5353 Tel.

Cost: $200 CDN / $125 USD
Includes two days of instruction and refreshments for both days.

Registration/Payment:
A 50% deposit reserves your spot in the program. Please submit final payment to us by Nov. 1, 2002.

Contact us for additional information, or go to our website at: www.WarriorNorth.com

Please make cheques/money orders payable to:

Warrior North Training Systems
6531 Dunsany Place
Richmond, BC, CANADA
V7C 4N8
(604) 839-1977 phone
info@warriornorth.com

For tourism information, check out: http://www.tourismvancouver.com/docs/visit/

Perfect!! Count me in.

Thanks for the heads up. Thats plenty of time to let the guys know work is off limits for me those two days!!

Wow presistance paid off. It maybe be high time that I bought myself a Gunting it seems.

...i mean...

oh, that's wonderful, i'm so glad that i will finally be meeting Bram Frank :) as you can see, i am very calm

count me in steve! i'll email you re: payments and small details like that :D

aXed

must remember to take days off, must remember to take days off...

Thank you Mr. Steve..and all of you supporting my return to the City of WONDERFUL food...
Ok I admit it..I love Vancouver..
eagles in the trees..Coffee on the corners..Dim Sum & Sushi hiding around the corners...noodle houses..Granville Island..Gastown...
SALMON.....the bestest Park ..Stanley that is....RICHMOND...
Ok OK..I eat my way through Vancouver...

I will be in very happy to play wih all of you....
and show you WHY in person the locks position..the way of the ramp..Kin-Op..etc..
OK????

Talk to all of you soon..

Bram

Steve and Bram,

Its great to hear that a definite date is finally set. Now, I've heard many great things about these seminars so I'm a bit excited about attending. However, also, I'm a bit "hold back" because as a kid, I had some martial arts training before and its definitely not something you can learn in two days. One learns the aspects and techniques, then some time in between to practice and absorb the info, then learn some more. The seminar is 200 CDN for two days so I am expecting a lot of fun and laughs but I really want to know if two days back to back is enough for us to learn and absorb some of the important aspects of the Gunting. I don't want to come out of the seminar and not feel confident about my new found skills.
Maybe one of you can comment or fill me in on some stuff.

I usually have 2 days to teach an agency..THe trainees see me once every three - four months if they are lucky..
and the training not only has to last but has to stick with them..
sooo
the training is based on gross motor skills..and reactions using those skills
and it's not rocket science...
its a conceptual learning..
not technique... not repeating a set way..
its learning a few concepts that you can use in many variations..situations and under extreme duress...
I have people who have attended one of my seminars years ago..and they amaze me that they've retained the few drills we did.. that the concepts made enough sense that they never forgot them..
that they get to use them in their daily lives....
Attendees have told us that the training has saved their lives..

I guess you'll find out yourself...

see you there..

Bram

BRAM - I had or have the same concerns that FC Yuk does...but I am very excited to learn and experience for myself firsthand all that the Gunting has to offer.

I understand also that it won't just 'come' to me but it will be a matter of discipline and training also.

We await eagerly :)

Don't worry guys (and aXed :)), you'll ROCK with this stuff. Definitely not rocket science. Just a good attitude and some regular practice will carry you a long way.

A good time will be had by all, I'm sure.

aXed,

Email sent to ya.

Bram,
Thanks for the reply. Sounds good but I know that eventually it comes down to me. How I learn it and how I absorb it and then, how I will apply it to my own style. I guess I was a bit skeptical because I was wanting to know more about it before I spend the 200 bucks. Since you hold 2 day seminars around the world, I take it that it is enough time to absorb. Now, I guess it's just waiting time.

See you soon

FC BOK & others
Set your minds at rest,you will learn & retain, at first you will say,this will "do that"!! Then you try with your partner,Bram & Instructors will be close by,to help. Next it's"{Crapola" this really works & this is fun(it's always fun,until it's your turn(huge grin)). Bram & Instructors show more.More fun!! Then lunch(seems like where did the time go)!!After lunch more slam & jam!! When class is over ,can't wait for the next day.Be advised WARNING!!This is THE ONLY bad thing (besides bruses & pain)Steve will get everyone together to plan"Where to go to dinner & who is going"!Guys ,it's going to be "fish bait"Sushi!:barf:SNEAK OUT!!Next day will be even more fun & learning."Will" you retain,can you do it,guys I'm an "old" man(58)& I have no problem. $200!! I have attended two seminars,look forward to more,not cause I'm stupid ,gives me a chance to "play" say hi to Bram & see people I don't get to see often enough!Bottom line!! I have never considered it wasted $$$!!One more thing,"TRUST ME"!! It works!!
jim

Jim,

Email sent to you as well. Maybe I can tempt you a bit. :D

That $200 is Canadian dollars. What is that....like $17.95 US? ;)

Gunting seminar and then head out for all-you-can-eat sushi afterwards!!?!?

I love Canada!!!:D

Haha, it should be Gunting seminar, beer break, some more training, then all you can eat sushi and more beer.

By the way, thats Canadian beer I'm talking about.
I Am Canadian!!!
:D

BOK,YUK,
You guys are in for so much fun!Do me a favor, after ,let me know if I did not tell the truth,about learning & retaining! Steve is a great guy & instructor,Bram" Instructors male & female are the best!
jim:D

oh man, if we are going out for sushi afterwards i guarantee i can outeat ALL OF YOU! i am the sashimi and wasabi queen baby! :D i'd love to take all of you on (and then feel really sick afterwards... but that's besides the point...)and be claimed the champion of sushi... and then afterwards... ice cream!

can't wait till sushi, can't wait till Bram, can't wait can't wait!!

aXed

Fresh UNI this time..Steve and I went for it but they were already sold out...BOOOOOOOOOO
Sushi & wasabi Queen huh? OK..you're on..
You grab the sea Urchin with the ramp toss it in the air..Kin-Op the blade open..slicing the shell open and scoop the Uni out before it hits the plate... yeah baby..Austin Uni...

I think we need to work on this...

Dim Sum is a close second to Sushi....

Bram

aXed and all you can eat sashimi...

Hmmmmmm...ever seen a waitress/waiter really work for their money??

We'll call ahead of time and make sure they have enough tuna and salmon:D

Jim I think out of everyone you actually have me the most excited about the Gunting.

There's always the naysayers out there but after reading your posts you have me thinking this may be the next best thing since raw fish and wasabi!!!

Back