Gurka issue knife???

Hi guys... I'm new here, please forgive my lack of any knowledge about these kinda knives. It seems that any time the British Empire (what's left of it) goes to war, the Gurkka troops go to. The Falklands, the Gulf war, now this latest battle in Afganistan... and the press always show a photo of the Gurka troops and their knives. I'd like to add an official, issue knife to my collection. Any Ideas of where I should go to get one? Thanks in advance....

Reg

Hello and welcome, reggae. All the sources I've seen have given the same answer: The Gurkhas can us the khukuri of their choicing in the field. Their lone supplier of issued khukuris is Khukuri House, which is also the sole supplier for Gurlkha House. This is the very same khukuri of the Gurkhas.

If you get a SN1 or Jungle Fighter, then you have the genuine article. Yes, there are other makers of khukuris of varying qualities, but if you asked for one to call "official", then it is these two in the GH on-line catalog.

Enjoy them!

Dan

Thank you so much, L.T. I'll check it out. I have to say, every forum here is the same... Filled with friendly, helpful knowledable folks willing to assist newbies.

Reg

Glad to help out, reggae. Do feel free to visit and let us know what you get, how you like it, and share adventures, questions, etc.

Be well....

Dan

Back