Gurkhas battle use of kukri quotes!

Kukri Quotes! Not sure where there all from originally, some I know some I don't. Compiled by a female martial artist Dewar.

They Make an interesting compilation!

I Would like to know where the first one originally comes from though!

spiral

kukri_training3.jpg

Some others...

bunker.jpg

kukri_use.jpg

gurkhakukri2highlighted.jpg

1921Gurkha.jpg

left_hill_wwII.jpg

gurkha_tul_bahadur_pun.jpg

chindits1.jpg

chindits2.jpg

night_patrol.jpg

night_patrol2.jpg

night_patrol3.jpg

Manahadur_Rai.jpg

gurkha_turk_decap.jpg

severed_arm.jpg

Thanks Steve! That great!

Sadley Dr.Gyi is a rather dubious & unreliable chap it appears.

Spiral

The truth and reliability of Gyi's claims is a sensitive topic within the organization he founded, to say the least. It's a shame, too, since his skills as a martial artist are beyond impressive. I'd be so lucky to know what he's forgotten about the khukuri as a fighting knife.

I'd be so lucky to know what he's forgotten about the khukuri as a fighting knife.

Or what hes personaly thought up & imagined... Shame he had to dress it up as historicaly related to his time from special forces that he never served with. {My father did serve in Burma in the chindits... {It left its mark both physically in scars from jungle boils from the webbing straps & indeed on his nature till the day he died some 60 years later.} so I have no time for conmen who spit on genuine war veterans service so they sound more credible as martial artists & make a few more $s.}

The greatest defenders of conmen are often those who have paid money to be conned. {Because they don't wish to admit they to were conned, because their cleverer & wiser than that. ;)}

Spiral

The greatest defenders of conmen are often those who have paid money to be conned. {Because they don't wish to admit they to were conned, because their cleverer & wiser than that. ;)}
Spiral
You are so right.
Of course they don't do it consciously.
Also the good feedback by the students often makes the teacher actually believe he has real magical powers until somebody comes along who didn't know about his magical powers and punches him on the nose :p
So sometimes its not really an intentional con, but more of human stupidity reinforcing itself into some extremes.
Signs of that you can see in Judo and Aikido and any other martial arts itself. Guys anticipating some hurt long before there's any real pain in a joint and then acting on it a bit too much. Maybe its some protective mechanism to pretend it hurts before it actually does? Or they all want be part of something extraordinary or special?
Worth seeing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I
A guy defeating all his students without physical contact! and then being punched by some outsider.
I bet even after the fight many students stayed with him and blamed the lost fight on a wrong moon phase...
Am I better? Maybe not. Just trying but probably also believe in a lot of hypes all the time.

Reminds me of a guy in high school who claimed he couldn't get into any fights cause he was a black belt and it was like he was a lethal weapon or some cockamamy thing. I knew the guy many years and never knew him to got to anything like class's or anything. He was always getting his butt kicked just from his talk about it.

Long story short, turns out he'd read some books and based on that declared himself a black belt. I declared him and idiot and tried to stay clear when I knew a fight was coming.

I never was much for fighting myself, I'm a lover, not a fighter. Not that I got anything against it when a person needs a good thrashing.

Spiral

According to my brother, this is why Scientology has such fanatical followers. Okay, now I'm done hijacking the thread with non-Gurkha talk.

Cheers guys,

Interesting video Jens! Its fascinating how so many people need some "great" master or leader to follow blindly, Of course there's strength in masses or numbers but as that video shows there can also be weakness as well.

In the old day MagenDavid, Bill Martino used to say," what has this got to do with kukri? Evrything!" :thumbup:

Spiral

Cheers guys,

Interesting video Jens! Its fascinating how so many people need some "great" master or leader to follow blindly, Of course there's strength in masses or numbers but as that video shows there can also be weakness as well.

In the old day MagenDavid, Bill Martino used to say," what has this got to do with kukri? Evrything!" :thumbup:

Spiral

It sounds like your time training with Gyi left you pretty jaded about him as a martial artist and teacher.

Back