Guru Pre-orders

They have the blade thickness listed as .118", is that correct? The blades look thicker in the video posted in the other thread.

Also there is no weight listed, do you have that info?

They have the blade thickness listed as .118", is that correct? The blades look thicker in the video posted in the other thread.

Also there is no weight listed, do you have that info?

Just measured both at 0.14" and they weigh 3.98 oz (thumb stud) and 4 oz (flipper) on my scale.

Are these weights for the versions w/ holes or w/out? Do you know the weight difference (holes vs non)?

Great clarification question! Both examples that I have here are with holes. I do not know the weight difference on the versions without holes.

Great clarification question! Both examples that I have here are with holes. I do not know the weight difference on the versions without holes.

Auston, if you had to choose at a moment's notice, which version would you get—flipper or non-flipper/holes or no holes? I'm having so much trouble deciding! (I know the correct answer is to get all four.)

Auston, if you had to choose at a moment's notice, which version would you get—flipper or non-flipper/holes or no holes? I'm having so much trouble deciding! (I know the correct answer is to get all four.)

So you didn't watch my video, where I tell you exactly which one I would/will get? :(

For me, thumb stud version with holes. Love a good flipper, but my collection is predominantly flippers at the moment, and thumb studs with bearings are a rather uncommon configurations these days. So much win!

So you didn't watch my video, where I tell you exactly which one I would/will get? :(

For me, thumb stud version with holes. Love a good flipper, but my collection is predominantly flippers at the moment, and thumb studs with bearings are a rather uncommon configurations these days. So much win!

Damnit, I missed that part! I must confess to not having watched it through to the very end, only because I was too excited by the knives. Your preference is exactly the one I was leaning towards; thank you for the response. (Now, on to finish that video!)

Damnit, I missed that part! I must confess to not having watched it through to the very end, only because I was too excited by the knives. Your preference is exactly the one I was leaning towards; thank you for the response. (Now, on to finish that video!)
Lol, as punishment for your crimes, you shall now buy all 4 version of this knife! [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I like the flipper model without holes in the handle. 4 ounces is not too bad for a 3" blade.

BladeHQ has all four models in stock. KnifeCenter not yet.

I'm going to have to get a thumbstud Guru with scale holes...as soon as Christmas is over and I can stop spending money on other people and can again give in to spontaneous knifegasms without excessive guilt...:cool:

I picked up the holey flipper yesterday at BHQ. Looked at both versions, and although the thumbstud version opened well, I open and close my knives one handed so much during the day, I just felt safer with the flipper blocking the edge from hitting my finger when I close it. Great size, pretty comfortable, my favorite blade shape, typical Kizer quality (very good). It will be a beater/daily user for me so that I don't lose my custom Jeff Simmons flipper that I have been using daily for a few months. I'm hard on knives and I want to back off on that one a bit.

I picked up the holey flipper yesterday at BHQ. Looked at both versions, and although the thumbstud version opened well, I open and close my knives one handed so much during the day, I just felt safer with the flipper blocking the edge from hitting my finger when I close it. Great size, pretty comfortable, my favorite blade shape, typical Kizer quality (very good). It will be a beater/daily user for me so that I don't lose my custom Jeff Simmons flipper that I have been using daily for a few months. I'm hard on knives and I want to back off on that one a bit.

Thanks for the support!

Back