Guyot or Klean Kanteen on Airplane

Can I bring an empty KK or Guyot in my carry on? Anyone ever do so? Just wondering........

Cant find a definate awnser...

I've done it, but I always carry a transparent / translucent Nalgene, and throw it, empty, into one of the plastic bins with my keys and wallet. That way, they can see that it is empty. I haven't been pulled aside for screening due to my water bottle yet, so I'm good so far.

With the SS bottles, I'd probably throw them in the bin with the lid off, for the same reason. I wouldn't be shocked if they want to check inside and make sure you're not smuggling sticks of dynamite in the bottle or something :eek:

I have had no prob bringing my Klean's to Mexico and Dominican. Good idea to take the cap off as suggested.
Can't stand the little plastic cups at the beach. I had them putting 8oz of rum per fillup in my 40oz, all inclusive rules.

I carried my empty KK clipped to my carry-on with no problems in December.

I've done it, but they pulled me over once to check it out 'cause it looked weird on the scanner. That and my space blankets. :p

im glad I seem im not he only one using a klean for liquor....back on topic I have not had any problens with the klean on a plane as long as its empty when you go through the scanner and open it up for them to show its empty.....after the scanner I hit the duty free drink shop and have a pint of vodka mixed with mtn dew....those little bottles on the plane are dang pricy

Yep all the time...going to try the Sawyer Filtered Bottle for a change since I don't trust anyone's water system but my own at home. Been taking the ss Kleen Kanteen with me when traveling by air cuz I can always boil in it if water related problems exist...but realistically with me being that far from home, without a stove/fuel source, and unknown resources I'm better off using a filter and back up SteriPen with solar battery charger till I can get to a safe house or home if problems erupt.

Back