How To Guys I got a Bench Made knife as a gift but I couldnot find the model online or anywhere, is there anychance that I could know if its fake one?

Please post pictures of the knife open, closed and from all angles.

What these guys said.

Sometimes, the difference between the real knife and a copy comes down to the size and shape of the screws!

MODEL NUMBER ON THE KNIFE IS 470,ITS A NON ASSISTED TYPE
the benchmade 470 is assisted. there is a clone version that’s a manual knife but there are other differences, the clone is larger & has a liner lock as opposed to the axis lock on the real version. it could also be that your knife was deassisted, i did that to my 477 by accident a while back

The 470 is the Emissary, which comes in a few variations.

If you can't post pics (which is the best route), here's a link to compare yours to dealer pics:

Welcome to Bladeforums Shah313.

To post pictures at your membership level you need to use a photo hosting site like Imgur, then use the BBCode that the hosting site assigns to the picture.

Welcome to Bladeforums Shah313.

To post pictures at your membership level you need to use a photo hosting site like Imgur, then use the BBCode that the hosting site assigns to the picture.
Absolutely right.
I like postimage.org:

Take photo
Go to postimage.org
Choose image
Upload from your phone
Tap direct link to copy
Tap image icon at the top of your post here (mountain/sun looking thing)
Click link icon
Paste direct link.

So easy even I don't screw it up too often.

For what it's worth-

Here's a pic of a fake 470

a7a4HQu.jpg

And here's a pic of a real 470-1 (later version, black handles). The earlier models had grey handles.

WWHdbDs.jpg

Last edited:
Even if it’s a fake, it’s a gift. “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.” “It’s the thought that counts.”
Agreed. But if you send Benchmade a fake knife for warranty service or Lifesharp, you won't get it back. So knowing whether your Benchmade knife is real or not can help you make a better, more informed decision on how to sharpen and service your knife.

Didnt even know they were faking the 470 it looks like a kershaw, with that frosted grey finish....

Back