Guys keep my son Andrew in your prayers. He was struck head on by a car

Thanks to lagarto (Sam) for giving me a lead on the last name! I located Andrew (15 years old) at our local hospital. I drove over to see if I could do anything for the family. Ren & his father had already left to find a hotel, but I was able to meet Andrew's mother and visit with her for a while. (I received her permission to post this update.) She was pleasantly surprised to hear that so many forum members were offering prayers & support!

Fortunately, Andrew was wearing his helmet. A CT scan showed no damage to the brain or skull. Andrew did suffer a large cut on his right cheek, starting at the corner of his mouth. There is still much swelling. The surgeon was able to repair the cheek, inside & out, but there will proably be some scarring. His upper lip looked very sore, as it ws swollen about 3 times the size it should be. Chris, Andrew's mother, said that she was thankful that the injuries are only superficial. Wearing braces may have saved his teeth from being knocked out. Chris said the teeth were bumped around, and until a future visit to the orthodontist, it won't be known for sure how they will do. Hopefully, the teeth will be OK!! Andrew seemed to be resting well while I was there, and hopefully will rest through the night. His mom said Andrew might be discharged tomorrow, and they will drive the 4-5 hours home to Michigan. Due to the blood draining inside his cheek, Andrew will need to stay propped up fairly straight in the car. This may make the trip a little slower. I hope the doctor can give him some pain med for the trip! I was able to pray for Andrew & the family before I left and gave Chris my home phone and told her to call anytime during the night. I am only 5 minutes from the hospital, and appreciate the opportunity to minister to a family in need. Please keep the family in your prayers and PRAISE to GOD for injuries not being worse!

Sorry this post is so long, but wanted to share the news with everyone! Blessings to each of you!

Barb-B-Q
aka Mrs. Knife Wife 2007

Thank god that he's doing better.
This just goes to show you that anything can happen at anytime. I hope everything turns out ok for you and your family.

Ren...I'm sorry brother. Prayers for you and yours and I hope Andrew gets well with a quickness.

Ren,

Best wishes for your son's fast and full recovery, from a fellow cyclist.

Thank heaven for cycle helmets.

maximus otter

Ren

Hope everything goes well and you get your son back home soon.

From Sydney Australia

Just talked to Mrs. G19G26 who lives nearby, and went to the hospital to see if there was anything the family needed.

She met Mrs. Ren, and found that the injuries were not life threatening, and that Ren had gone to the hotel to catch some z's.

Glad this turned out ok so far.

Andrew may get to go home tomorrow if all is well.:thumbup: :thumbup: :cool:

Thanks Barb (Mrs. G19G26) for help and scoop.:thumbup:

Thanks Mike (and Mrs. G19G26!). What a relief....:)

Thank g-d it's not worse.

Prayers for your son.

Thanks for the update, g19g26.

Prayers and smoke sent your way from my entire family.

God bless!

AJ

Ren,

Thoughts and prayers from your bud in ATL.
If you or yours need something I am a phone call and plane ride away.

Keep us posted as you have a chance.

gus

I'm so sorry to hear this, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Prayers for your son Ren, and you and your family. From what I've read about your son, he is a tough kid like his old man.

Thoughts, prayers, and well wishes from MD. Here is hoping for a full and speedy recovery!

Back