H.E.S.T Passaround Review Thread

Guys, I was looking at this thread and something occurred to me. A little late for it now, I know, but in the hollow handle space you should have put a piece of paper (maybe RiteNRain or something like that) and everyone who got the knife should sign it and put the date. It would be a log of sorts of who got the knife, and it would be terrific memorabilia for the final owner :thumbup:.

o_O Googly eyes at the fact that this passaround is still going, and has already taken several months longer than planned.

o_O Googly eyes at the fact that this passaround is still going, and has already taken several months longer than planned.

Trust me, I know.

Another weekend goes by with the promise of the knife being shipped......:mad:

Anyone know the weight of the HEST? The RC 3 weighs 5.2 oz and the Izula weighs 2.0 oz but the weight of the HEST is not listed on the Esee Knives website.

I'm trying to decide on my first Esee knife and weight is an important consideration.

Thanks.

I assume its still going I was the one that was waiting to receive it for so long and had been looking for this thread. I shipped it to the next guy a couple of weeks ago. I had intended on posting a nice review with pics but between when I took them and my search for this thread my camera crapped out! :mad:

Last edited:
Here is my non-pictured Review...

When I opened the box there were some things I immediately loved.
This knife is thick! There is no lacking in strength in this knife!
That goes without saying with ESEE I suppose but it really feels nice. I really like the micarta too. It feels right in your hand.

The one big concern I had was the location of the prybar which I have to say after using the knife and EDCing it for a week is still something I dont like. It is still not a deal breaker. I like the prybar there as a pommel of sorts but I would round it off. I cant say that I would ever use the bottle opener as a bottle opener but I liked it there and can see where it could provide multiple uses.

When in use it handles well, VERY WELL! I like it more than my Izula which says a lot since I have two Izulas! (Why two? Cause I cant afford 10 right now!) The hollow in the handle was more spacious than I expected. I can see where a small fishing kit and firestarter + tinder could easily fit. I set out to make a figure four trap and found that the size of this knife is perfect for detail carving when cutting the triggers.
I also didnt care for the sheath. No big surprise there, I like leather. Im old school like that. I do like the plastic sheath of the Izula and my RC3 RP knife, but I have never been a huge fan of kydex.

Overall Impressions:
This knife is a typical ESEE. :thumbup:
This knife is full of win! :thumbup:
Very handy, Very useful! :thumbup:
This is not a "perfect" knife (If you find a perfect knife then let me know!)
Im pretty critical of a lot of things and a bit of a cynic, I would still say this is one heck of a knife. Well worth the coins to buy!

Thanks go to RYP, Jeff, Derrick, KSF, ESEE, and everyone else for this opportunity! :D

Well, I'm dead last on the list and Mr. Gunner just emailed me to see if I still wanted in. HELL YEAH!! I've been waiting on this thing since forever and can't wait to play with it some.

I promise, I will take lots and lots of pics too, even though all of my usage will be around the office, home and yard. :rolleyes:

I promise, I will take lots and lots of pics too, even though all of my usage will be around the office, home and yard. :rolleyes:

H.E.S.T. used about the office would be some great pics. I work in a lab, and use mine quite a bit here since I have been EDC it. Can't really take pics here though.

I have the knife. I'll send it on when I get the next guys information. I have some pics I'll post later along with my impressions.

Back