H&K Flare Launcher

Hi Will,

As far as I know they are still sold in Germany I will look for some decent price/description but essentially it's a self loader, You cock the hammer and pull the trigger and the flare gets launced and a fresh one cycles from the clip into the very short chamber/barrel.
Wether this is automatic or manual is not clear to me but I'll try to find out for you.

The launcher is NOT cheap and isused by German Pilots in their survival kit.
I think it goes for around US $ 100 for the launcher + 5 shot clip and $30 for 5 flares either Red Green or White.

If your interested drop me an email.

Best scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

------------------

Hey Will.
Sorry, I can't provide the tech specs on this doodad for you, but I HAVE used one and can relate a little about it's performance.

It loads from a magazine, as can be seen in pictures, you have to cock the hammer for the first shot, and then it automatically ejects (straight to the rear!) the spent casing, re-cocks the hammer, and the magazine pushes another flare up into firing position.
The performance of the flare itself is rather disappointing. Pretty much on the same level as the old "Pen Flare" if you've ever seen one of those.
At optimal arc, the trajectory takes the flare up to 100-150 feet into the air and does about a 90 percent burnout before it gets close to the ground. There is SIGNIFICANT danger of starting a fire with one of these things.
Visibility is no where near as good as what you'll get with an Olin/Winchester 12 guage flare pistol, and it USED to cost about 10 times as much.
These things were prohibitivly expensive on the open market, and I'm sure that's why they were discontinued.
Seems no one wanted a 400 dollar flare pistol that didn't work as well as a 40 dollar one.
They ARE cool though, and if you want one just for a "gadget fix" I'll be the LAST one to tell you not to get it.
biggrin.gif

Just be aware, you don't get much bang for the buck.

------------------
Tráceme no sin la razón, envoltura mi no sin honor

Thanks for the information.

I would be interested in one for 100 $US but not 400 $US. The flare launcher sounds like it will be more of a toy.

Will

Back