Hail the gray turd!

So my wait finally came to an end. Last Thursday, I took into my possession a CPK Light Chopper. And not just any light chopper, a zombiefied, end of days, final four light chopper. Or better known as, the gray turd. OK, maybe that's not the best way it's known, but ever since seeing that description in the sales thread, it's been stuck with me. But let's make one thing clear. I love the gray turd finish. It's beyond bad ass. I think the gray turd finish should become and option in the future for CPK. Who needs clean and refined, when you can have a pitted, apocalyptic finish. It screams to be beaten to death and then keep going. And boy, will this thing keep going.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my phone with me much this weekend, since there is zero cell service at my hunting property. So no action shots. But I still had to snap a few to show it off. Performance wise, this thing is beyond my expectations to say the least. I assumed it would be a great chopper, I mean after all, it's in the name right? But what has me blown away, is how it slashes through small stuff. This thing is just as good, if not better, than my fiddleback machete. And that's saying a lot. It's remarkably light and nimble for such a stout knife. The only improvement I will make is running down a set of terotuff scales. The unbuffed micarta would be fine with gloves on, but I did notice some very slight slipping from my sweaty hands. And the d3v is amazing. This stuff holds an edge!

I gotta say I'm rarely blown away by a knife. But this one is top notch. A huge thanks to ExtraBaconPlease ExtraBaconPlease for making this happen, and to Nathan, Jo, Lorien and anyone else behind the scenes that I missed.

Also, I added a close up of my edc, to help show the difference in the finish.

And sorry my pictures suck. I have to crop them to get them small enough to upload.

IMG_20170905_194124.jpg IMG_20170905_194144.jpg IMG_20170905_194207.jpg IMG_20170905_194303.jpg

IMG_20170903_153856158-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

I agree the finish is cool. I'd like to see more done this way.

I think those 5 Zombies are pretty cool and am always impressed with what the shop puts out. Awesome!!!

Very cool mate, enjoy!!!

Also I liked the comparison shot with the EDC to see the differences in the blade finish :thumbsup: It really is a grey turd :D

That thing looks like crap! And I mean that in the nicest way possible... Would that more knives looked that crappy!

Thanks for the kind words! I really like the finish as well. I kinda chuckled when I got it in my hand for the first time. All the talk about how these werent up to typical standards in regard to fit and finish. This thing was about as perfect as I gets as far as I could see.

Thanks for the kind words! I really like the finish as well. I kinda chuckled when I got it in my hand for the first time. All the talk about how these werent up to typical standards in regard to fit and finish. This thing was about as perfect as I gets as far as I could see.
Nathan seriously downplays everything..

I get it.. better to under-promise and over-deliver.. I'd say he's got that move down.

Back