"Half Life 2" or "Cheers to Gabe!"

So, I got HL2 about 4 hours and 20 minutes ago, and have been playing it ever since. It's now 6:37 central time, and my bed is calling me, but if you haven't thought about getting this... DO! The game is awesome. I just got the manipulator gun and I think I could spend a few hours doing nothing but running around and fiddling with that. If you have to, upgrade your computer, but whatever you do, play this game.

Kudos to the team at Valve!

Fox

I'll be leaving shortly to pick up my copy along with a copy of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines which is powered by Valve's Source engine. Cheers to you Gabe and ALL of the people at Valve.

Social life be damned, I'm not gonna miss out on something like this. Btw, it's installing!!! :eek:

I got my copy via Steam, and it was a painless process. The only complaint I had about Steam (what if I have to reformat my hard drive... do I have to re-download gigs of files?) was addressed by them building a "backup files" feature into the interface. I could have bought the game a little bit faster if I had been waiting at the WalMart up the street to grab it the second it hit the shelves, but I would have had to sprint through the aisles and probably would have gotten a ticket on the way home. As it was, I started playing it 17 minutes after it was released. :eek:

:( I need a new computer, my laptop was awesome for HL1 and playing couterstrike till hellish hours of the morrow...but alas this computer would fry trying to play the awesomeness which is HL2.

:eek:

I've been playing it for about an hour--what a game! Congratulations to Gabe and the people at Valve.

Yes indeed! H2 rocks! One of the best games I've played in a while.

Sad thing is Gabe Newell really dropped the ball on this one.

There is no knife if the entire game!! :eek: Gabe what happened? I was expecting to see a strider or maybe a CRK in there. Some thing with an edge to suppliment the crowbar.

Ah well, guess it will just have to be added at a later date. :)

It seems like they are too high tech in the games world to have a knife...... so atleast a plasma cutter would have been close enough :D And its ALSO A FRIGGIN GREAT GAME :D :D

AWESOME!!!
Steam is a huge friggin pain the the rear, but the sheer incredible coolness that is HL2 makes up for it. The level design, the AI, and the amount of work that went into the small details are so far ahead of anything else I've seen that I am in awe of this game. Pay attention to the facial expressions on the NPCs while they are talking to you. Now that I've finally got the offline mode working correctly this may well be the best game I've ever played. It doesn't have the imersiveness (is that even a word) of Baldurs Gate 2 or Final Fantasy 7, but its not meant to be that kind of game. If you like shooters, go buy this right now.

MicMurry, it DOES have striders in it, but probably not the type you're thinking about. ;)

And, regardless of what you might think from the pre-release videos, the striders are NOT indestructible.

Back