Half-mile tunnel from Tijuana to San Diego Found !

Half-mile illegal tunnel linking Tijuana to San Diego is found
Originally published January 27, 2006

SAN DIEGO A cross-border tunnel nearly half a mile long, from a nondescript industrial building in Tijuana to a warehouse in San Diego, is thought to be the longest illegal tunnel ever discovered along the U.S.-Mexican border, federal authorities said yesterday.
Stacked near the tunnel - a deep passage with lighting, ventilation and a pulley system - authorities found more than two tons of marijuana. The tunnel is 2,400 feet long and roomy enough for people to run through.

U.S. and Mexican authorities, who have found several border-crossing tunnels in recent years, have made no arrests. The tunnel's entrance and exit were secured as investigators gathered evidence and investigated the operators of the buildings at each end.

[Los Angeles Times]

Newscasts say tunnel is five feet wide, six feet tall, paved with concrete, continuous lighting, and, as the report indicates, has a pulley system.

Wonder if the contractor would be available to help New Orleans rebuild? Apparently he is very efficient, and low-key, and doesn't draw much attention to his work.

That article in not accurate. I know nothing whatsoever about the supposed "nondescript" industrial building.:)

I heard it was for smuggling weed?

The Mexicans should do likt the Dutch. Legalize it and they'd double the tourist trade and all the illegals working as gardeners in the US could stay home and rake in the cash;)

Never mind that: hire them to rebuild New Orleans, and the Sacto delta levees.

Never underestimate human will and ingenuity when motivated by the almighty dollar.

Aardvark said:
Never mind that: hire them to rebuild New Orleans, and the Sacto delta levees.

I saw a special on TV where a bunch of construction workers in New Orleans were bumming out because they had no jobs and the companies were bringing in all these illegals to do a bunch of the reconstruction so I think your scenario is already happening.

Does this mean the weed won't be showing up next week?

:D :D Don't worry, they didn't get MY tunnel. I'll take care of you. (My tunnel is a bit longer to allow access to my bruddahs back in Maui;) :p :D ) did I mention that the cost is 10,000.00 an ounce?

Back