• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hall of Fame recommendation thread

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Post your suggestions here. Be specific. Include posts & threads where they've done well.

Keith Montgomery - you cannot find a better nor more level-headed voice of reason in this place.

For specifics, read any of his 15,000 posts. I think his dedication to the community certainly deserves Hall of Fame recognition.

...........................................sorry

Last edited:
I'd like to nominate OldPhysics. He is a patient, understanding voice here on the forums, and goes out of his way to make new people feel welcome and provide any needed information. I call him a friend.

Oops, sorry. :eek:
For his eloquence, kumbaya attitude:) and outstanding imagery in his fantastic photography.
Linky

I'd also like to third Keith's nomination.

Doug

Last edited:
I would like to chime in on Keith and Jim, they are part of Blade Forum's glue. :thumbup:

I'd like to nominate Hateman, I had a recent transaction with him and everything was smooth and payment was received almost instantly.

I've dealt with him in the past and he's always held up to his end of the deal.

I didn't realize until tonight that he had over 51 (66 actual) positive feedbacks when I went to add my positive feedback to his list :eek:

Here's my vote, I say "aye" in favor of Hateman :thumbup:

I'd like to nominate Jamie at Grand Prairie Knives. In one word, this place operates with "INTEGRITY".

This being my first experience with them, mine was a time sensitive issue because the Benchmark I sought will be presented as a welcome home present to my nephew who is returning home from a tour of duty in Iraq. In my family we do honor our troops so this is a pretty emotional experience. It was vitally important to me that this BM be first quality, and get here on time.

In my experience Jamie was responsive to my initial inquiries. After that, within just a few hours of my submitting my Order to GP, I got an email back with Tracking details. That night I checked and the Benchmade was already at the shipping hub out there. Simply unbelievably fine service, in a situation where it was simply - in my mind - too important to mess up or somehow learn the item I ordered is on back-order for 3 weeks.

I could go on, but the only word that really applies is "Integrity" at GP Knives. If they say they have it in stock their word is gold. It is the first run quality they promise. And they get it out the door to you right away. Not to mention about the best prices around.

Jamie and Grand Prairie, thank you for helping my family honor a returning soldier with the one thing besides a home cooked meal that he really wanted.

I'd like to nominate OldPhysics. He is a patient, understanding voice here on the forums, and goes out of his way to make new people feel welcome and provide any needed information. I call him a friend.

THis is an easy one to 2nd:thumbup:

I'd like to nominate Bastid.

I don't know how he manages to hold his temper, what with all he has to put up with. He's one of the main "operators" (as we old soldiers say) responsible for keeping BF a place where we all want to be.:thumbup:

Plus, without him, who would keep GigOne in line??:confused:

I'd include a post or thread ... but there are SO MANY!

This is an easy one to 2nd:thumbup:

I am going to 3rd this+ INFInity.;)
Old Physics/INFI Pimp is not only a friendly voice on the forums, he is a truly kind spirit and many of us have benefited from his generosity. In a forum of cult like followers, he proves we are not all elitist fanboys. He is supportive of many makers and his comments are almost always conducive to positive and worthwhile conversation.

There's been so many great nominations already...ie:Old Physics,Coop,Keith Montgomery....etc,are all excellent nominations.

I'd like to include Esav Benyamin & Sal Glesser for both keeping their cool in a heated discussion & providing intelligent,helpful answers to people who are basically spitting in their faces & don't deserve it.

Thanks OP.

Truth be known Sal, OP and Esav, although they may not know it, have been a good influence on me. We are very fortunate to have them here. I am not that convinced that I deserve to be discussed in the same thread with them.

Thanks OP.

Truth be known Sal, OP and Esav, although they may not know it, have been a good influence on me. We are very fortunate to have them here. I am not that convinced that I deserve to be discussed in the same thread with them.

You're a kind man, Gus.

Truth is, I can't imagine this place without Bastid at or near the helm.:)

Back