Photos HANDMADE BOWIE KNIFE CUSTOM HUNTING KNIFE FULL TANG

Hello there,

I recently bought this knife ( which you can see in the picture ). I got this from the following site link to non-supporting vendor removed
It looks for me more then a fine a knife which I got delivered from Pakistan. I know Pakistan yes, but from the reviews and seeing from myself it looks functional and well made.

You can see the photo's of the one I received also over here with different lightnings here =>

Last edited by a moderator:
Functional? Well, it has a handle, a guard and a blade, so it will function as a knife, more or less. Will it actually hold an edge? Probably not for long. Specs say D2 steel, but every knife maker in Pakistan makes that same claim it seems.
$200 seems way too much for that. There are much better blades out there for about the same price.

Welcome to Bladeforums drios.

It's certainly possible that some knifemakers in Pakistan are capable of making quality knives, after all, it's a big country with a lot of people. I have to imagine that there are some true craftsmen in Pakistan who care about making quality knives.

I personally wouldn't want to gamble $200 to find out though. But that's me.

All that really matters is- Will the knife serve YOUR needs, and, are YOU happy with it?

Since you own it, I hope it does, and I hope you are. :)

It looks for me more then a fine a knife which I got delivered from Pakistan. I know Pakistan yes, but from the reviews and seeing from myself it looks functional and well made.

OK so ultimately, you know that you gambled, and that the odds were against you actually getting your money's worth out of it.

Have you actually used it, or just held it and taken pictures? Every knife steel looks the same. The only way to see if it is good quality is if it holds up to use. Go really use it. Chop with it, cut with it and report back. That'll be the real test of whether you got fleeced, or got your money's worth.

What's that choil doing??
That's my hint that this manufacturer doesn't know what they're doing. You see this a lot with Pakistani knives, where they're copying a feature of better knives, but it's clear they don't understand the purpose of the feature, and they execute it in a manner that makes it non-functional.

For some (obvious) reason I don't think it's a good knife. Has a finger choil but no sharpening notch? What I mean is that many wise members have emphasized an important point above. looks like a knife but is it a knife? You won't know until you test it. But I'd rather buy the RTAK2 for half the price.

Also, I think you're trying to do some kind of advertising here. This is against forum rules. If you have such an intention, you should purchase the appropriate membership.

ah sorry, wasn't trying to advertise. Just so you could check out where I bought it and maybe because you all have more knowledge tell me things I didn't saw myself.
But I guess it will make a nice wallhanger then :)

I saw the knife+arm pic and knew there had to be one with toes in it! How long is that arm anyway??

D drios

Welcome...and if nothing else, and you are really interested in learning about knives...you've come to the right place. You may have to invest in a hard hat to weather the initial storm from some of the denizens, but that's because they're suspicious of newcomers and their motives.

Show that you have a true desire to learn about what makes a good knife and who makes them...and you will become rich with information and new friends.

(And you'll also amass a collection of knives to be proud of which will suit you and your needs.)

Back