Happiness Is A Warm Khukuri

Recently a khuk arrived and it was one that I had wished to own ever since Bawanna and I made the pilgrimage to HI a few years ago. [Actually even longer than that.] And that was a replica of Pala's personal military khukuri. This one is a teeny bit different. Can you spot the difference? Can you read it?

Replica of Pala's Ghurka Khukri.JPG

I'd guess it was autographed by Kami Sherpa hisself.
That my good friend is a beautiful knife and one also on my must have list.
Your very clever at making these khukris very special, I was never too bright in that department my own self.

I'd give 3 or 4 of the few teeth I got left to wander about your work shop. I get goose bumps just seeing pictures of the gadgets and just the atmosphere makes me warm all over.

You feeling a bit more gudder these days, you had a rough time of it for a spell there.

Hi Bawanna. Your guess is incorrectomundo. I engraved his signature in the blade and did the red paint trick. As for me, Monday the Doctor will give me a birthday present of something I want to hear or mebbe that I don't want to hear. If you going to wander the shop, bring a sleeping bag because the shop is all hands on, touchy-feely.

Nice, you done real good. Looks like it was born that way.

Ain't that forgery? No matter, two more weeks and I'm out of the law business and I'll tell no one.

Very nice Khuk Doc! Fantastic idea! You do come up with some good ones. Im with Bawanna there. Them ideas just dont pop into my head. Hope you get some good news monday. Keep us updated.

I think that can's been there since 1932, all they had was white bread (my preference as well) loaded with Glutens. Anybody know what a gluten looks like?

.... Anybody know what a gluten looks like?

129682349--575x498-kCiB--575x498@Surinenglish.jpg

I been saying it wrong, thought it was Gluten with a "U" sound, it's gluten with an "UH" sound.

So how do they get them Glutens in the food we ain't suppose to eat.

Ask and ye shall receive.

From Wikipedia:

Gluten (from Latin gluten, "glue") is a group of proteins, called prolamins and glutelins,[1] which occur with starch in the endosperm of various cereal grains. This protein complex supplies 75–85% of the total protein in bread wheat.[2][3] It is found in related wheat species and hybrids, (such as spelt, khorasan, emmer, einkorn, and triticale), barley, rye, and oats,[4] as well as products derived from these grains, such as breads and malts.

Glutens, especially Triticeae glutens, have unique viscoelastic and adhesive properties, which give dough its elasticity, helping it rise and keep its shape and often leaving the final product with a chewy texture.[2][5][6] These properties and its relative low cost are the reasons why gluten is so widely demanded by the food industry and for non-food uses.[6]

Prolamins in wheat are called gliadins; in barley, hordeins; in rye, secalins; and in oats, avenins. These protein classes are collectively referred to as gluten.[4] Wheat glutelins are called glutenin.[7] True gluten is limited to these four grains.[1] (The storage proteins in maize and rice are sometimes called glutens, but they differ from true gluten.[1])

Bread produced from wheat grains contains gluten

Gluten can trigger adverse inflammatory, immunological and autoimmune reactions in some people. Gluten can produce a broad spectrum of gluten-related disorders, including coeliac disease in 1–2% of the general population, non-coeliac gluten sensitivity in 6–10% of the general population, dermatitis herpetiformis, gluten ataxia and other neurological disorders.[8][9][10][11] These disorders are treated by a gluten-free diet.[11]

Ask and ye shall receive.

From Wikipedia:

Gluten (from Latin gluten, "glue") is a group of proteins, called prolamins and glutelins,[1] which occur with starch in the endosperm of various cereal grains. This protein complex supplies 75–85% of the total protein in bread wheat.[2][3] It is found in related wheat species and hybrids, (such as spelt, khorasan, emmer, einkorn, and triticale), barley, rye, and oats,[4] as well as products derived from these grains, such as breads and malts.

Glutens, especially Triticeae glutens, have unique viscoelastic and adhesive properties, which give dough its elasticity, helping it rise and keep its shape and often leaving the final product with a chewy texture.[2][5][6] These properties and its relative low cost are the reasons why gluten is so widely demanded by the food industry and for non-food uses.[6]

Prolamins in wheat are called gliadins; in barley, hordeins; in rye, secalins; and in oats, avenins. These protein classes are collectively referred to as gluten.[4] Wheat glutelins are called glutenin.[7] True gluten is limited to these four grains.[1] (The storage proteins in maize and rice are sometimes called glutens, but they differ from true gluten.[1])

Bread produced from wheat grains contains gluten

Gluten can trigger adverse inflammatory, immunological and autoimmune reactions in some people. Gluten can produce a broad spectrum of gluten-related disorders, including coeliac disease in 1–2% of the general population, non-coeliac gluten sensitivity in 6–10% of the general population, dermatitis herpetiformis, gluten ataxia and other neurological disorders.[8][9][10][11] These disorders are treated by a gluten-free diet.[11]
You’re the man David!! Grats!!

Great pix and post, thank you for sharing

Back