Happy 4th!

JK Knives

Hope everyone has a great day, and don’t have any fireworks accidents. You need your fingers to hold your knives!

only "fire"works planned here are firing up the smoker and firing up the forge!
happy independence day!

We hit the local parade this morning. My GFs daughter and some of her family were riding in a vintage fire truck so I brought a squirt gun and sniped a few of them. They responded with a salvo of water balloons. When it’s 90+ degrees water balloons are your friend!

Damn near gave myself a heat stroke cutting the grass earlier today, so I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the day. Y'all have a safe and happy 4th!

I just saw the best fireworks show..

and it was put on by the neighbors across the road.
It was just a dozen or so star bursts of varying colors, but they cleared the tall trees between us and were a pleasant surprise after hearing all sorts of boomers going off all around us all day and evening.

John, while our dog isn't completely terrified of the fireworks, he does get a bit anxious and grumbles/groans/barks. We started using Richard's Organics Pet Calm a few years ago, and we noticed a huge improvement. He'll curl up on the couch or in the bed, and sleep/relax for a few hours; long enough to outlast the fireworks. My aunt's dog is completely terrified, she has to put her in a Thunder Shirt, give her doggie Xanax, and put her in a closet. I always feel so badly for her.

Back