Happy Birthday, Todd

Happy birthday, Todd!

url_zpse29d884d.jpg

I hope you have a good one today and please, don't spill your beer*.

*BTW, candles make the beer taste like wax. It seems like a good idea, but no, It isn't.

Happy Birthday, and Nothing but the Best from me and mine to you and yours. Congrats on your continuing success, but more importantly, congrats for being a dang fine human being. I'm proud to call you a friend.

For those that haven't met Todd, allow me to say a few words...

Todd comes off as kind of stand-offish if you don't know him, and/or see him at his table at BLADE. Maybe even kind of dickish. Actually... kinda pretty much very dickish and frick-off-ish. :D

But don't let that fool ya. He's just a big ol' nervous teddy bear who seems uncomfortable in a crowd.

Todd's a freakin' hoot around a campfire when the adult beverages are flowing. He is not afraid to make fun of other people (without being mean about it), and he can also take a friendly joke well. Just ignore his rather large size and scowl... :p

Yeah, he makes really excellent knives. His work is a blessing to his clients, and a challenge to other knifemakers. This dude really does care about quality. TMHunt knives raise the bar for all of us in this business.

But even more than that to me, he's a genuinely fun, warm-hearted and kind human being. He's also a very good teacher, and open about sharing his experience, skills and knowledge, and he has invested serious time and resources into helping other folks learn about the craft of knifemaking. Todd bent over backwards to help when I casually mentioned putting together a Beckerhead Grind-In last spring. That happened, and it was a BLAST! Todd was fully involved and his personal attention, input, and hands-on instruction were a huge factor in making that project a success. (that project resulted in more than a dozen people who had never made any knife before, taking home knives they built from the ground-up in one day... Todd was a big part of that.)

Thank you, bro.

This cat is part of the future of handmade/custom real using knives. Keep an eye on him.

Nothin' but Love, brother. Keep doin' what you do :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys for the birthday wishes guys, and James, I'm glad to call you friend as well, thank you very much for your kind words. Gotta say you pretty much nailed it as far a my personality, crowds are uncomfortable for me, so its always nice to see friends like you and Ang comin around the corner.

So today being my birthday, I really dont want anything I dont already have. A cool job, a great wife and kids. The best freinds a guy could ask for. So today I decided Im just kickin back and gonna watch the super bowl. Never was a Seahawks fan, but I hope they kick the snot out of New England.

Murph came by..... I wasnt gonna let him in, but, he brought beer. Lol. Good beer in fact.

Happy Birthday brudda. Hope you have a good one.

Happy belated, my man. I need to visit this forum more often and stay on top of things.
Hope you had a great day!

Back