Happy New Year

Ebbtide

Platinum Member
Happy New Year all you tooling, stitching, carving & bending folks!

May your belly never rumble, May your heart never ache, May your horse never stumble, May your cinch never break! and "May your spur never get stuck in the cinch" (from Horsewright Horsewright )
Wishing you all a happy, prosperous and healthy New Year!

Last edited:
May your belly never rumble, May your heart never ache, May your horse never stumble, May your cinch never break!
Wishing you all a happy, prosperous and healthy New Year!

Ya forgot May your spur never get stuck in the cinch. That’s a bummer too. Ask me how I know!

Ya forgot May your spur never get stuck in the cinch. That’s a bummer too. Ask me how I know!
Having never ridden a horse, I can still imagine how that would be rather inconvenient, to say the least. I live in a "horse property area" of SoCal and most of my neighbors own and ride their horses around here. The biggest shock my wife got was during the big fires a few years back (2017 I think). I was at home since we were next to be evacuated, keeping an eye on things. I saw a few of my neighbors that had to evacuate, out in the street with their horses and waiting for trailers to move them. Imagine the fire trucks, police cars, the thick smoke rolling like banks of fog, the horses were getting spooked (I was not far from loosing bladder control myself). I told my neighbors to bring the horses in our front yard and leave one person out to flag down the trailers. Long story short, we had 6 horses both in the front and the back yard safely away from speeding cars. That was the time my wife drove up to the gate! I can swear she changed several colors before I got to her and we made room for her to drive very slowly to the back yard. Thankfully the fire was stopped about a half a block from us.
P.S. Horsewright Horsewright , I added your comment!

Last edited:
Happy New Years! I foresee an interesting year for sure! Lots of moving pieces. Cheers! :D

Having never ridden a horse, I can still imagine how that would be rather inconvenient, to say the least. I live in a "horse property area" of SoCal and most of my neighbors own and ride their horses around here. The biggest shock my wife got was during the big fires a few years back (2017 I think). I was at home since we were next to be evacuated, keeping an eye on things. I saw a few of my neighbors that had to evacuate, out in the street with their horses and waiting for trailers to move them. Imagine the fire trucks, police cars, the thick smoke rolling like banks of fog, the horses were getting spooked (I was not far from loosing bladder control myself). I told my neighbors to bring the horses in our front yard and leave one person out to flag down the trailers. Long story short, we had 6 horses both in the front and the back yard safely away from speeding cars. That was the time my wife drove up to the gate! I can swear she changed several colors before I got to her and we made room for her to drive very slowly to the back yard. Thankfully the fire was stopped about a half a block from us.
P.S. Horsewright Horsewright , I added your comment!

Thats a great story! Good on you for helping out the ponies! My son lost about 4,000 acres of the ranch he runs, this year to fire. He's about 15 miles west of us. We ran down there with a couple extra trailers and some friends and evacuated his horses and the wolf pack (his dogs), and some of their belongings. It was close:

HnlavT8.jpg

7vqdRSD.jpg

The fire dept got it out up in the mountians and we stopped it at a dirt road near his house. 5 cowboys with shovels can sling a lot of dirt. Whereabouts in So Cal are ya?

We're in a small community called Shadow Hills, tucked on the rim of the San Fernando Valley foothills just north of Burbank. Fire is a scary critter, it moves faster than you'd think. One of my friends lost everything in the Santa Rosa fire. She had enough time to grab her papers, little dog and some clothes and drive away at 2:30 in the morning.
She had just lost her husband a couple of months prior and all the pictures and mementos are gone.

That’s a sad one. All too common though. You’re only a couple of hours away. You’ll have to come up for a day in the shop once all this settles.

That’s a sad one. All too common though. You’re only a couple of hours away. You’ll have to come up for a day in the shop once all this settles.
I would love to do that but at this point in time work is really busy. If I understand it right, your daughter is a nurse so you'll understand how it is for care workers. While she is right up there in the front (please thank her for us) I'm just behind doing all the testing. I'm doing genetic testing and we are busier than I've seen it in my 30+ years in the field.

Back