Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. Gotta love the huge quantities of great food and the good quality time with family and friends. I'll be roasting my family's turkey in my favorite cast iron skillet. I think I'm going to use my new pen knife to carve it just for fun. I'll post a picture after.

Happy Thanksgiving to Yandgu, all at Himalayan Imports, and all the forumites far and wide! There is always a way to have a thankful point of view. Things could always be worse. Its time to focus on the good and not the bad for a while, even if just to brighten your own day. Chances are it will brighten others as well.

I am thankful for the opportunity and the funds to acquire and experience these awesome blades. Very thankful for the laughs and encouragement I've received from this forum. I'm thankful that I am not alone in my HI virus infected condition. I'm very thankful that our kami friends are using their skills passed on from generations to create superior quality, hand forged blades. I'm thankful for all Yangdu's efforts making it possible to get them from the other side of the planet and put them into our hands. Many things to be thankful for this year.

What are you guys carving your turkeys with?

[Edit]

Pen knife worked okay.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving Brother!

I was actually thinking of carving the turkey with a new custom carving knife my brother got for me, made out of CPM -S35V SS. Looking forward to using it for the first time.

Happy Thanksgiving to Yangdu & the HI family, and all of the great members here on the HI forum!

I won't be carving turkey with a khukuri though - I'm going to try using my CPK Behemoth chopper :D

Naw, too noisy and messy.

Naw, too big at over 40''. Have to have some one hold the bird and nobody would be foolish enough to do that with blade in my hand.

or

Guess I should be thankful that I got plenty of options.
Be at my sisters so most likely I'll have some piece of junk kitchen knife as usual. Might have to bring something along.
Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving all. I just spent an hour bring my father's favorite carving knife back to life by rubbing some teak oil on the handle and putting a laser sharp edge on it with my KME. Ill be carving up both Turkey and Ham and feeding it to family and a couple of good friends who had nowhere to to go today. I just hope my crazy family doesn't scare them away :confused:. Enjoy the day and be safe.

Happy Thanksgiving , no turkey this year lots of venison prep , processed 2 deer with my Kumar karda, sarge knife , and new farm knife lots and lots of cutting made all the more pleasurable by Hi.

Ha! Bawanna I see you got a serving fork there with your chainsaw too! Happy Thanksgiving to all the fine folks here and there! Im letting my sister cut the bird this year. Im thankful i dont have to do a dang thing today except drive to my sisters. Im going the back way along the crik road tho. I hate traffic!

Back