Has anyone ever had a framelock fail?

I've heard of liner locks failing, but never framelocks. Has it ever happened to you? Tell us about it.

Yup, I've had a couple of frame locks fail. Most notably was a famous custom maker's knife.....which he quickly fixed for me.

I will quickly admit...I've had A LOT MORE LINER LOCKS FAIL :( than frame locks. Frame locks are without a doubt my favorite folding knives.

I had a Cuda Maxx that failed the whack test, and it wasn't a hard whack either. I think the geometry was off, plus the lock bar had noticeably less tension on it than other Cuda Maxxs I've handled. Camillus promptly replaced it, no questions asked. Now I have a perfect one that I really trust, so I'm a satisfied customer. :D

Yep, CRKT S-2 that got a bit of lube on the tang, I was giving it a very light test and sure enough it popped off the tang and i got poked.
I'm not a fan of having 2 ramped surfaces contacting each other.

A friend o' mine had a PUMA steelmaster I after getting it out of his luggage that came from the airport, the lock BROKE ! It flipped right out of the frame !

He got it replaced tough but since PUMA didn't carry the model anymore he got a Herbertz one :)

Back