Has anyone found a nylon sheath for BK2?

shootist16

knife law moderator
I would love to have a spec-ops combat master for it, but that would cot almost as much as the knife. :eek:

I have been wondering about this too. The sheath is one of the things I like better about the BK10 than the BK2. I love that storage pocket.

I think the spec ops combat master small would be a perfect fit, but they are like $50.

Just so no one wastes $26.00 to find out, the Blackhawk sheath wont work either, it is too narrow. It fits others but not the BK-2:mad:

Chuck

My BK-2 shares a Spec-Ops combat master with a Rat RC-5. It's a great sheath and worth the money.

My BK-2 shares a Spec-Ops combat master with a Rat RC-5. It's a great sheath and worth the money.

I assume its the short version? I have my Ranger RD-7 in the long sheath. They are great sheaths. I may put one on my list for the BK2.

would you have a pic?
3624387736_d2ce6c2251_o.jpg

3624387740_0382dec0ec_o.jpg

That looks great. I just hate to pay as much for the sheath as I did the knife. :eek:

Damn! It looks like it was made for the knife. I really didn't want to spend the $$$ right now, but I may have to.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but are the Spec-Ops Combat Master and Survival sheaths the same size? I have a short Survival sheath, and I've been itching to get a BK-2. If the BK-2 fits like it does in these pics with the Combat Master, then I'm definitely picking one up.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but are the Spec-Ops Combat Master and Survival sheaths the same size? I have a short Survival sheath, and I've been itching to get a BK-2. If the BK-2 fits like it does in these pics with the Combat Master, then I'm definitely picking one up.

I cant find anything with the exact dimensions of the survival sheath, but they seem to be built from the same basic design. I'm willing to bet that it will.

Well guys I broke down and ordered a spec-ops sheath for my newly purchased BK2. I was going to wait, but the sheath that came with it was way too tight for my taste. I may try and heat it up a little to loosen it, but i feel that I'll probably be using the spec-ops sheath anyway.

Got my sheath today, of course the plastic insert is shaped like a "C". The knife wont go in there very well like that. I guess I'll have to try to straighten her out.

Got my sheath today, of course the plastic insert is shaped like a "C". The knife wont go in there very well like that. I guess I'll have to try to straighten her out.
They do that so smaller blades don't rattle around in it. Just remove the liner and dip it in boiling water for a second with the blade in it a shape it when it's cool enough to touch.
I also trimmed away part of the funneled opening because I thought it was excessive.

They do that so smaller blades don't rattle around in it. Just remove the liner and dip it in boiling water for a second with the blade in it a shape it when it's cool enough to touch.
I also trimmed away part of the funneled opening because I thought it was excessive.

Hey thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. I was trying to heat it with a hair dryer. :eek::eek:

Glad that worked out, hopefully that is. It is a pain that there aren't too many general sheaths out there that are cheap. At the least the Spec Ops sheaths seem to be good quality. Can also use it for whatever other knife you may have of similar size, not a total lose.

Nice pics btw. It does look like they were made for each other.

The boiling water trick worked like a dream. The spec-ops short is a perfect match for the BK2. These are really well built nylon sheaths. And of course we all know how great the BK2 is.

Back