Has anyone heard or recieved any new knives from Newt Livesay?

TIR

I know he was having problems for a while I was curious if any of you have ordered and recieved any new knives from him recently. I was thinking of perhaps ordering from him but I'd figured I would ask to see if any of knew if he is caught up. I know some of you have had knives on order for quite awhile now and don't care to wait a year for knife.

I have heard about him making some deliveries, but he must still be waaaaay behind. I'm still waiting on my order from September of 2002. :(

--Bob Q

TIR,

Your best bet is to email or call Newt, and ask him what the expected wait will be. Both times that I've corresponded with him he was prompt and friendly in answering my questions. That may depend on how busy he gets though. The last time I contacted him, which was a few months ago, I believe the wait for a new knife was 6-8 weeks at least. However, you can always call and check to see if he has finished knives that someone may have decided not to purchase. Slim chance, but it couldn't hurt. He seems to be a stand up guy,and the only reasons I haven't ordered from him yet are that my funds seem to dry up as soon as I take an interest, and I guess I'm too impatient to wait for a knife. But I'm sure that'll change once things are straightened out and he gets caught up. Good luck.

Chris

Newt has always been pleasant to talk with. The problem is that my order has been "almost ready" since September of last year. :( The status never changes.

I don't question that his intentions are good or that he's a very decent person. It's just frustrating not to know what to expect. :rolleyes:

--Bob Q

Newt always bs the ship date. My order was "on a shelf and ready to ship" for 6 months before I got it.

I did some reading on the RCM and hit Cliff Stamp's site where he did a review. If you check it out, you will see that Cliff had the same experience where Newt would promise it in 2 weeks and months would go by. This was in 2000 before Newt fell on hard times where all his gear was stolen and he was broke.

6-8 week wait? Good luck waiting.

Bob the only order that you have with me is one that is dated January 30, 2003 for a titanium bugger. This is the only order that we have for you that is not filled. You had an order dated April 24, 2003 that was shipped on May 5, 2003. I know I am behind on a lot of orders, but if you would please contact me directly by email about the order that you have had on order since September of 2002, I will see if where the problem is.

Newt@newtlivesay.com

Newt

Originally posted by Newt Livesay
if you would please contact me directly by email about the order that you have had on order since September of 2002, I will see if where the problem is.

Thank you! The email is on its way.

--Bob Q

I just ordered a Woo from Newt but 2 months ago. He told me it was in stock and sent out ASAP. Was in perfect condition and not a problem at all. Can't wait to put it use right now a litlle cold for a necker.

Joe

It definitely sounds like things are getting better for you Newt, I'll be calling you very soon. Thanks for the replies guys.:)

I haven't had time to get any pictures of my own yet, but here's one I stole from Newt's site...

hunter.jpg

It's a nice little 3" drop-point hunter in 440C with a brown micarta handle.

--Bob Q

It took a long time to receive my order, but it was well worth the wait. Considering the difficult times that Newt has endured, it is amazing that he has continued to honor orders that preceded his hardships. I see it as a testament to his character, and commitment to his customers. I truly believe most people in his shoes would have said to hell with it and just kept the money. Thanks Newt!

gogogecko what did you get? I placed an order for a RTAK that will hopefully be ready in april or may, I can't wait.

Another potential bad thread turned good.

See what a little communication will do.

I know what's it's like to wait for delivery and have it seem like forever, I also know what's it's like to have problems shipping out items.

Too often though we hammer another vendor, maker, or forumite in the open before we make an extra effort to resolve the issue.

It's nice to see something resolved in the open without the bashing and accusations.

Newt, I applaud you for responding so quickly, and the rest of you guys, it was also nice to see everyone, not turn this into a lynching of another forumite/maker.

:)

gogogreco, if I may ask, when did you order your LAK4 ? I ordered (and paid for) mine on May 30, 2002 and have yet to receive it. No shortage of excuses and promises, but no LAK4 either. Nearly 20 months of waiting for an item promised in 2 or 3 weeks is total frustration. He seems like a very nice person in my telephone conversations with him, but this is the supreme test of one's patience.

Back