hatchet concept-take down tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i saw a tool like this in a backwoodsman magazine and thought it might be useful. i would like to see a machined type tool instead of the homemade one in that magazine. sorry my work pc only has paint and im am by no means skillfull with any other program. i like the pack-ability and concealment feature of this in its take down form. or could easily be sold with fiberglass handle or without. easy enouugh to fab your own.

hatchet.jpg

Last edited:
sorry guys guess i should have explained better. it is a hatchet/camp axe style tool. could accept any type available handle material and the screw in the back holds the handle in. guess i was too worried about posting the pic to fully explain.

would take up less space than hatchet when traveling and hiking/camping. plus taking it apart would be easier to conceal in smaller day pack. even if in an area where carrying such would not be acceptable, this could be concealed just incase you were lost or needed it.

guess this might have been better in esee forum but i like how dpx stuff seems to be heavy duty/built like a tank

Last edited:
Back in the 70's someone made a item called the "skatcet" or "skatchet" (not sure of the spelling). I had one, it was a T shaped head with a hammer back. you were supposed to cut a greenwood handle with the tool and then screw it into the threaded handle hole. it was a good idea, but when you started chopping with it the head would spin on the handle. no control is not good. I think my eldest son has it now.

Last edited:
Isn't this just a tomahawk head with a screw in the back? Cold steel makes a ton of those already. Buy one of their hawks for 20 bucks, take the handle out and there you go.

Kyle.

Just out of curiosity have you checked out Vector's "Eco Hawk"?

No, didn't know they existed. Will check out! After other posts, I add that a fiberglass handle would be worth it. Make one out of machined aluminum and wrap in fiberglass, or steel wrapped in fiberglass. Where it could not pivot in the factory handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back