Hatchet I.D

I picked up a new(old)hatchet head .It is stamped U.S.with MANN 1945 underneath and appears to be forged and not cast.any info would help and hope to post some pic,s soon.JBEE p.s. head is 5''lx3 1/4 wide at the cutting edge

Thanks Snake Dr.looks like lv,e got a keeper.best to you JBEE.

Hello JBEE, No problem just did a Google Search, Do you just have the Axe Head ? Maybe If you seach around maybe you can find a Military Surplus Handle & US Sheath for It, If I hear of any I'll let you know, Unless you just want a Home Made Handle & Sheath "That would be easy enough" Good Luck with your project,

Snake Dr. just got bck in town,I was thinking of a longer handle[not a good idea for a collectable].or tradeing it off,need to upgrade so i can become a [real] member,I,ve have a few mods and will post some before and aft. pics soon.thanks and best to you brother.JBEE

Snake Dr. just got bck in town,I was thinking of a longer handle[not a good idea for a collectable].or tradeing it off,need to upgrade so i can become a [real] member,I,ve have a few mods and will post some before and aft. pics soon.thanks and best to you brother.JBEE

Sound's Good JBEE, Yep this Is the place If you want to see Axe & TomaHawk Mod's ! Some of the Forum Member's do some Beautiful work, Like I said Good Luck with your project & make sure and get some picture's up as you go & when you Get Er Done, Take Care !

Back