Hattori Baby Fighter

Can I get an opinion on this knife? It's reasonably priced compared to the bigger fighting knives I see advertised on the internet. Will it hold an edge? I don't know the quality of Junglee knives. I don't own one:D

Hi Bob,
I own both the baby and the large Hatorri and I have to tell you that overall I am extremely impressed with both knives though I like the smaller one better since it will be easier to carry.

The fit and finish on both of the knives is superb. The handle to blade length is great and very comfortable to carry. Even the leather sheath is well done. Incidentally, when I received my Baby Hattori from The Knife Center the guard was loose which surprised me and the gentleman at KCI. These fighters are usually very well done. I sent the knife back and within one week had a new one that was perfect. I guess one gets by QC every once in a while.

Though I have never cut with either knife I hear that the blade steel, MVS-8 is supposed to hold a really nice edge.

The sleek blade is slightly recurve, has a small section for serrations on the top that would need to sharpened a bit to suit my taste. It has a fuller groove and a nice point. The grain of the wood on the kraton/wood handle is very attractive on both of the small fighters I had. It is well balanced just a beautiful piece. Junglee Knives in my opinion are underrated and even though I had that one guard problem it wouldn't stop me from getting another.

I am sending the knife off tomorrow to get a sheath from Mike Sastre at River City Sheaths. I am going to get his Souther Comfort design which is a studded sheath which should make the knife easy to carry IWB.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Back