Have you ever been arrested?

K.V. Collucci wrote: I was arrested once for being too.....damn.....good looking!!! :cool: :D

I heard they released you later due to lack of evidence!! :p :p :D :D ;) ;)

My story's kinda like Congnitivefun's. Only worse. I got a letter saying that they had a warrant on me for a speeding ticket. Yeah, I forgot to pay the ticket. So I paid the fine and all that. Not quite two weeks later I got stopped for speeding and the warrant was still in the system. The deputy was really good about it, though. He let me drive my truck to the jail and park so that I wouldn't have to pay towing fees. I spent the night in jail and I explained the whole deal to the judge the next morning, so he cut me loose on my own recognizance and told me to take the paperwork to the court in a couple weeks.
Not bad, you think, except for the whole night in jail thing? Maybe not. Except I got stopped on Christmas night. Yeah. It sucked.

James

I was forced out of an airport in the Philippines at gunpoint back in the late eighties, does that count? :p

1) Dragged home legless drunk at the age of 15 at 2am by two policemen to my very shocked parents. One of the coppers, the local police seargent was also president of my football club so I was let off and the whole episode put down to teenage high spirits.

2) In California while working for an advertising baloon company. We had powered a balloon set by the freeway by threading the power cord into a pump station next to our site, figuring it was part of the same property (The Cal expo in Sacramento) only to find out it was a city pump station. A Napoleonic city engineer called us the next morning and had 3 squad cars waiting for us when we got to site - he was enjoying a major power trip in front of the LEO's and almost said 'book em Danno' I was held for a few hours and released without charges after my boss talked nicely to the city.

3) Again working for the same balloon company. Spring by a Police Helo and it's spotlight at 2am clambering over the roof of a shopping center. Again, once all was explained (we were installing a baloon in time for opening at 8am) there was no problem and I had a coffee and a good yarn with the coppers (they all wanted to know everything about Australia)

4) Mistakenly walking straight to the exit gate of the Tijuana bus port instead of lining up for a drug checkpoint. Forced to the ground at gunpoint and searched (roughly) before being allowed to go after being warned with what sounded like a stream of Spanish expletives. @#%&* Gringo vamoose!

5) Endless hassles with traffic police in Thialand, Vietnam and Cambodia. A small bribe each time and I was on my way.

I was arrested many times during my misspent youth but the only one that was kind of "funny" is this one that happened when I was about 19 or 20 years old:

I wake up with a raging headache, sore all over, freezing cold, on a metal slab in a metal room with flourescent lights behind a screen shining down on me. Yep - it's a jail cell all right, but what the hell is that incessant pounding? It's a LEO using his night stick to rap on the bench next to my head in order to wake me up. The conversation ensues:

mycroftt: Why am I here?
LEO: Because you stole a car, son.
mycroftt: Why am I all beat up?
LEO: Because you stole MY PATROL CAR.

The LEO's had been called to the large (and loud) late night party I had been attending just off campus at the university and I apparently thought it would be a good idea to jump in one of the patrol cars and drive it around to the other side of the building and then sneak off. I guess I wasn't being as surreptitious as I thought I was being and I got caught. Fortunately, the LEO was pretty reasonable and he viewed it as a college prank and I was only charged with disorderly conduct. I don't know about the bumps and bruises - maybe they had to tackle me - and they were superficial anyway so i never made a point of trying to find out if they "tuned me up" after they caught me :D.

mycroftt said:
mycroftt: Why am I here?
LEO: Because you stole a car, son.
mycroftt: Why am I all beat up?
LEO: Because you stole MY PATROL CAR.

[WayneandGarth]
We're not worthy.
We're not worthy.
[/WayneandGarth]

Heheheheh. :D

James

My ex- fiancee and future widdow was stoped and given a written warning for disturbing traffic.

She and her best girlfriend were having a nice bike trip in nice summerday.
In bikini's. :D

Cop's told them to put some clothes on since drivers passing by were having troubles to focus on road.

Juha

We used to hang at a local bar in the early 80s where there were live bands and a kinda rough crowd. There were a lot of bikers and drug deals in the parking lot and generally a lot of stuff we tried to keep our butts out of. We just wanted to drink, play pool and hear the bands. The club changed hands and when we showed up that Friday the doorman hassled me about having raggedy jeans. There was a hole barely large enough for a fingertip. I told him I thought his estimate was faulty and I wasn't going home to change. We paid and entered. (Wearing a Buck 110 on my belt, no problem, Go figure.) Inside we met some friends who stated they had some problems too. Then one of our group complained about a 'watered' drink and got tossed. I went to talk to the doorman and asked to speak with the manager (whom i had known for over a year). We three stepped outside where we could hear. He listened patiently to my rather lucid and logical rendition of why I thought this was a load of bull while the bouncer/doorman stood well within my comfort zone. Then he turned without comment and went back in. The bouncer pushed me and told me to get lost and we don't want 'your kind' here. I said let me get my friends out too. He said no.
Pissed, i figured I'll go call a cop. Found one at a nearby icehouse. He listened to my story and said let's go find out about this....
We pull up. I get out thinking my back is covered. Cop asks doorgorilla 'what's up, Steve?' Steve answers 'well, this guy here won't take no for an answer...'
I was cuffed and sitting in a wagon with another guy (who felt he was too drunk to drive and was arrested walking home). Spent a night in lockup where the only other 2 guys who spoke English were there for fighting each other. Very long night.
I was not drunk (1 beer).
Within a month the bar had a mysterious power outage when a rope somehow got tangled between the powerlines and a bumper....
:confused: I guess they PO'd a lot of people.

Posted by trane fan

K.V. Collucci wrote: I was arrested once for being too.....damn.....good looking!!! :cool: :D

I heard they released you later due to lack of evidence!! :p :p :D :D ;) ;)

Then immediately arrested for making false a statement. :p

There are also rumors that several "tree hugger" groups are attempting to hunt KVdown. Something to do with damaging numerous tree limbs. . . . . :p

NeedleRemorse said:
I'm looking for amusing stories...

Yes, I have been arrested, but there was nothing funny about it. Sorry to disapoint.

mine isn't really funny... but it's still a story. me and my brother were taking pictures of graffiti for a website in an abandoned building once. on our way out we were stopped by a cop, put hands on the wall, on our knees with a gun pointed at our head.. after a few other squads showed up, they cuffed us, and searched the whole building to make sure we weren't doing anything illegal.. then they tried pulling the "assault on an officer" crap cuz we didn't stop walking toward him immediately. luckily we got off with little more that cut up knees, and bruised wrists. so yah, if your into photography, especially of graffiti or industrial areas, stay away from muskegon, michigan.

Back