Havok!

Man O Man that thing is beautiful!
Congrats Gooey.Is that a fire steel on the side of the sheath in the last pic?Glow handle on it too?

Yup, a glowie Fairly Firesteel.

I went through some more logs to cut them to manageable size for firewood, and batonned it through some 6" - 8" diameter logs. Normally, I would use an axe (one of those with the long yellow handles and hammer poll) and it would get stuck easily, especially on wet wood. The Havok's length allows it to cut through the whole cross section and because of its thickness, batonning it through a few inches usually just splits the log. It's also much lighter than the axe. I was on such a roll, I didn't even think to take pics.

As per our emails over the weekend Daniel, I tried to split a drinking straw lengthwise with the thinner zero edge at the rear 1/3 of the blade. Yowza! I just need to get the straw to stand upright properly, and that part of the blade just glides down the length of it. it's fun :)

Sometime this week, I'm gonna see how many chops are needed to get through a 2X4. I suspect it won't be very many, and will be shooting for single digits.

Yup, a glowie Fairly Firesteel.

I went through some more logs to cut them to manageable size for firewood, and batonned it through some 6" - 8" diameter logs. Normally, I would use an axe (one of those with the long yellow handles and hammer poll) and it would get stuck easily, especially on wet wood. The Havok's length allows it to cut through the whole cross section and because of its thickness, batonning it through a few inches usually just splits the log. It's also much lighter than the axe. I was on such a roll, I didn't even think to take pics.

As per our emails over the weekend Daniel, I tried to split a drinking straw lengthwise with the thinner zero edge at the rear 1/3 of the blade. Yowza! I just need to get the straw to stand upright properly, and that part of the blade just glides down the length of it. it's fun :)

Sometime this week, I'm gonna see how many chops are needed to get through a 2X4. I suspect it won't be very many, and will be shooting for single digits.

Very cool to hear! It's funny, I had wondered how the straw cut was even possible and a knife I made does it! :D That makes my day! :cool:

Back