Hawk Identification

I am new to this forum and trying to i.d. an apparently hand forged tomahawk that I have had for some time. Head is just under 7" long with a hammer poll. Blade width is just under 4" curving more at the the bottom than at the top.Hammer poll is short about 1 1/4" long 1 3/8" tall at the tallest angles down to about 1" at the eye and is about 3/4" thick. There are also markings on both sides, the first marking has the initials J D split by an x with one long leg and an arrowhead on the bottom of the long leg,also center punch marks and hash marks.The second marking is on the side opposite and is a simple 1x. Metal finish is very clean but also very rough maybe suggesting being sand cast from a forged pattern.Tried to post pics but don't have the ability to do so yet.Thanks in advance for any info provided.
msm

If this is the mark you're talking about, your axe was hand forged by Joe DeLaRonde, Glorieta, NM.

P1020055-1.jpg

Thanks KR, the one I have must have been done earlier than the one shown it is the same mark only more rudimentary than the one pictured. msm

Back