• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hay Budden & Peter Wright Anvils for sale

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have a couple of spare anvils I'd like to sell. Was going to list then on eBay but figured I give you all a chance first for prices less than they are likely to sell for at auction to save the trouble.

I can do a face to face in NE Ohio or ship them via FedEX because both are under their max weight. Shipping will be to lower 48 only and will include crating and drop off at a local terminal. Email me for an exact price but figure around $75. I will need a little extra time to prep them for shipping but should be able to get them out within 3 days of payment.

Both anvils have the proper sound and excellent rebound.

The Hay Budden is 120 pounds and is in great shape. It has a 16 x 3 7/8" face, the cone is 10 1/4" long. By design this anvil is very quiet when compared to my Trenton and Peter Wright. The previous owner cleaned up the cone but did a good job. I'm tempted to keep this one but could use the space.

[++SOLD++] Asking $290 + shipping [++SOLD++]

The Peter Wright is 110 pounds and also in nice condition. It has a 14 3/4" x 4" face with a 8 3/4" cone. Rings like a bell when you hit it. A previous owner painted it with a light coat of flat red. I'm going to strip it if it goes to eBay but I'm offering it at a good price here to save the trouble.

Asking $250 + shipping

email for fastest response: chad@pirtleranch.com

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

Last edited:
Good to see something other than more boring wood or MOP for sale here in the maker's for sale section :D

I'd be on that HayBudden if I had room, but have 3 anvils now!

SOMEBODY GRAB THAT!!!

I will commit to buy the Hay Budden. I will send you an email to make payment arrangments.

Thanks for the interest and positive comments!

The HB is sold pending payment and the PW may be sold, waiting to hear back from someone who's interested. Will update one way or the other once I know more.

HB = SOLD

The Peter Wright is still available - thanks!

Back